Thursday, 13 August 2009

Are we bee-ing friends?

I was browsing through my stash earlier today, searching for a yummy patterned paper that would have some yellow. And there it was, buried under the pile of stuff, I almost forgot that I've got it :)
Yellow was necessary if I wanted to take part in Crafty Creations' delicious challenge 28 (obviously I did want to, lol)
So, I made this card:

Photobucket

The middle part is a blue vellum "window", so the stamping is visible from inside of the card. Not that it makes up for any nifty effect, 'cause the sentiment is upside down as seen from there :P
In the end I was not quite satisfied with the result that I have achieved (the card is ok, but it was easy and quick to make, so I felt like I haven't got enough of yellow yet...)
So, I searched for some more papers and made another card :D

Photobucket

Ever since I've seen the fabulous Bee Happy stamp collection from Stampendous, the colour yellow inevitably brings to my mind these waaay cute bees. I just had to draw them again!
Because I gave the theme from Crafty Creations a second go, I decided that I merged it with some other challenge. I chose to use this sketch from 365 Cards.
I altered it a bit though, as I added the drawing in the middle.
Now, it makes me happy that my previous entry for the Art Glitter Week is still eligible for the drawing, in spite of lacking of glitter, yet this time I didn't forget to add some :)
It's not too visible though - only the little bees' wings are sparkling. Besides, why oh why is it always so hard to photograph glittery stuff? *sigh*
Anyway, hope you enjoyed my cards!

Thanks for visiting,
Chupa xx

12 comments:

  1. fabbie work on your cards! Thanks for joining us over at 365 Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. such beautiful work! so cute too!

    thanks so much for taking part in our yellow challenge at crafty creations this week!

    hope to see you visit again soon!

    hugs mandyxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both gorgeous! Love the shape of the second card and the first card has beautiful DP. Thanks for joining us this week :D
    - Ann @ Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your first card is lovely, but your second is bee-utiful!! Both are wonderful! Thanks so much for playing the Crafty Creations yellow challenge!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brill cards - especially love the bees - they go so well with the gingham! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow... lovely cards!!! Yhanks for joining us at Crafty Creations!!

    Sweet greetings,
    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of the cards are so cute! Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a bee-uthiful card! Congrats on making the top three!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on making top three this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on making the top three at 365 cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much girls! I'm very happy to have made it :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these are the cutest bees ever!! congrats on making the top 3 :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012