Thursday, 27 August 2009

A b-day card for a chook lover :)

Just how many challenges can one possibly incorporate into a single card?
Let me count... will four do? :P
It's nasty, lol I know I shouldn't do it... but as soon as I saw some of the tasks given to us this week on various blogs, I had this card in my mind immediately. Actually I could add one more to the list with this one, but I decided that four is far enough already :D
Here it is:

Photobucket

So which challenges I've got ticked with this one?
- Laura's sketch 33 from 2 Sketches 4 You. I altered it a bit, as I'd usually do ;)
- Challenge #30 called The Farm, hosted by Crafty Creations, which is about including anything inspired by the farm in the project. I assumed that a my chook would fit nicely :)
- Paper Piecing challenge over at Scrappy Frogs. This is going to be my second entry (see my turtle card for the 1st one), but as I stated already, I've never tried this technique before, and since I got hooked at the spot, I felt like I need to try it one more time...
- and lastly, "It's a Flower, But It's Not!" challenge at Paper Blooms, which is about using a flower in the way we wouldn't normally do. I loved the DT samples, they inspired me greatly!
Now, you're probably wondering where the said flower is?
Take a look at this close-up:

Photobucket

I used the crocheted flower for both the comb and wattle of my lil' chick =) Can you see it?
Hope you like my card, as I had so much fun creating it!

And just to finish this post nicely, I'd like to share some wonderful news with you:

Firstly, my baby has been in breech position for the last couple of weeks, which was making me sad as I hoped to avoid Caesarian section by any means, and today I found out that she turned head down! YAY!! Chupa mummy is going to have a natural birth! (about 3 weeks now) =D

Secondly, I am this week's featured artist on Paper Blooms! How cool is that?!
Their Design Team apparently liked my cotton buds holder lol!
THANK YOU WHOLEHEARTEDLY GIRLS!!!

Thank you for peeping in, happy crafting!
Chupa xx


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card!! I love what you've done with that flower! Great idea and so cute!
    Great colours, beautiful papers, cute image... sounds perfect!!
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge!!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So funny card!! Love the way you've made the comb!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so adorable! I love your creativity with the flower on the little chickie, just perfect for this challenge. Thanks so much for joining us at Paper Blooms, we love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow what a fabulous card! I love all the fun going on in this card :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. perfectly fabulous!! LOVE this in every way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh your too clever to use the bloom the way you have!!! what a fun bright card :) thanks for joining us on paperblooms for this challenge. also, yea to the baby turning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card!! Very clever use of the flower!! Cute design too! I'm so happy that your baby has turned on her own!! Hope your last few weeks are a breeze!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!!! I love the vibrancy of the chicken
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at http://2sketches4you.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is a cute little ckicken. Thanks for playing with CCC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great way to use the bloom!! very creative and fun!! Congratulations on being paperblooms featured artist too!
    thanks for joining us at paperblooms!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this card - what a fab and fun project - Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations! Cheers Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my this is just darling! i love both your takes on pb and ccc this week
    i adore your background paper too! this entire card just rocks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012