Thursday, 20 August 2009

Blooms in teal and coral

Ahh I'm really happy with this card - although I had some hard time rummaging through my DP's, trying to find something suitable for the newest colour combo from the Color Throwdown...
I love their challenges - the choices of colours are usually non-standard and intriguing, and I find them really... challenging lol, especially that I haven't yet had a chance to try any of the SU papers that they base their colour picks on.
Here's what I came up with:

Photobucket

I also used this lovely sketch from The Sweetest Thing, that I've been planning to fiddle with since the respective challenge was posted.
The sentiment is, of course, a SU inventory, but it's hand-written (I don't own one).
The basket of flowers is coloured with watercolour pencils. I haven't blended them though, as I wanted to retain the crisp brightness of the colours.
Hope you enjoyed, and thank you for peeping in,
Chupa xx

6 comments:

  1. I have just one work for your card. STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Love the colors in the throwdown, you did a fabulous job with the challenges. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful flowers and perfect paper to pair them with! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! Wonderful image and that paper is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my stars, I LOVE how bright this is! You rocked these colors! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012