Wednesday, 26 August 2009

A circle, colour combo, and some bling

I must say that Tuesday Morning Sketches gave us a colour set this week, that is far out of my comfort zone. In spite of it, I decided that I give it a try - after all, the best challenges are those that actually challenge our creativity, innit?
The given colours are: Elegant Eggplant, Certainly Celery & Kraft.
Here's what I came out with:
(I'm sorry for the poor quality of the picture, it came out blurred, and sharpening didn't help all that much)

Photobucket

The sentiment says "have a great day!", in case it's hard to decipher.
I don't have SU papers, so I chose the similar colours from my stash. There are a few complimentary colours too, the main one being black. I thought that it would soothe nicely the strong impact of purple.

I'm also submitting the card to the "C is for Circles" over at ABC Challenge.
The parts of the image in the circle have been either glittered (flower & leaves), or painted with metal paint (background & stem, which represents "Kraft"). While the glittery parts are sparkling a lot, the metal paint has a delicate, soft shimmer to it.
Shame that it's hard to see that on the photo...

Thanks for stopping by!
Chupa xx

5 comments:

  1. WOW this is just stunning! Sooo elegant! Fab job combining all those challenges! Great Blog too...my first visit...I'll be back! :)
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Chupa - fantastic job! The colors are perfect.

    Thanks for playing along with Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! this is just gorgeous what vibrant awesome colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012