Monday, 31 August 2009

A damask purse

I stumbled upon yet another sketch that brought to my mind something else than a card. This time it's Kazan's Sketch 34 from 2 Sketches 4 You. The half-circle would make up for a nice flap, I thought, and so I made a purse.
Here it is:

Photobucket

I like the way this challenge was designed, so that apart from the sketch, there is a choice of any inspiration to base one's creation on. I loved the team's examples, and certainly my love for damask is boundless, so I searched the net for some nice damask item to inspire me.
The choice was more than hard, but this invitation caught my eye instantly. I wouldn't rather think of yellow as a good complimentary colour for a classy blue & cream combination myself, but surprisingly it looks fantastic!
Embossing was done with the Fiskars embossing template. I just got it yesterday, and can't wait to use it wherever I can lol!

Thanks for peeping in!
Chupa xx

5 comments:

  1. wow what a unique take on the sketch - this is very striking. Thanks for playing along with us
    :) Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, i like the color combo, and that embossing is great!

    i also love the damask look--it's so classy :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW... this is so eye catching! Fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! love, love, love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012