Friday, 28 August 2009

Double the fun

Finally... after the first, not-so-fortunate attempt to create a card with the sketch from Mojo Monday Week 101, I made it this time :) Moreover, I'm very happy with the result!
I merged it with the challenge called "Ruby, Cream and Gold" at Colour Create. I really like their colour choices - the last one was so stylish, and so is this one!
I decided on a classic Christmas card - aren't the given colours just perfect for this theme?

Photobucket

Apart from the "old gold" colours appearing on the trees and the mat, there is also a golden ribbon, and the snowflake is glittered. It shimmers beautifully :)

I liked the colours so much, that I wanted to give them another chance, but in a different style.
I remembered how nice it was to work with the vintage card yesterday, and also it bugged me that I never manage to apply a satisfying dose of shabbiness to emphasize the theme... I'd usually end up with a neat finish, which is fine, but not necessarily for retro and vintage.
So... I challenged myself, and I guess I can see some improvement now lol.
So, here's my second entry for Colour Create's challenge 26. Since it's purposely vintage, it will also qualify for another entry in 365 Cards' "Going Vintage" challenge:
Oh my... =P

Photobucket

Hope you find them inspiring!
Thanks for stopping by,
Chupa xx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards, so stylish and elegant - Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. good grief girlie...LOVE your cards...I don't work with red a whole lot but I love it and that color combo rocks...your christmas card is absolutely gorgeous AND I love your 2nd vintage card...wow, wow, wow...thanks for playing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That second card is just plain STUNNING!!!! Love them both...
    Thank you for joining the Colour Create Challenge.
    hugs, janny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them both and the second card is extraordinary
    hugs June xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing work! I think it is fantastic that you used the colours twice with such a differnt look on each card. Sensational! Thank you so much for sharing these and thanks for joining us at Colour Create.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow two stunning pieces of work, both so beautiful...thanks for joining in with the Colour Create challenge
    Mina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh - two stunning creations. Fabulous papers on the first, as for the second - that image is truly beautiful, you details and distressing is superb. Love 'em both.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at TS.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012