Monday, 17 August 2009

First Christmas-related gift done :)

As soon as I saw this sketch for the Art Glitter Week in 365 Cards, I got inspired by it greatly.
Only that I imagined it being perfect for a card holder, not a card itself. The buckle, the way the papers have been aligned - everything was telling me that it's not the card that is the true destiny for the sketch :P
And so I spent some time fiddling with it today, along with creating an assortment of cards that I would put inside.
As I needed some leitmotiv for the set, I decided to use the current OCC Challenge called Christmas In August. After all, I'm going to have a baby any day now, so I better start thinking about Christmas presents or I might find no time for this later!
Here's the box:

Photobucket

The two little magnets, as you can see below, keep the flap and the rest of the box together:

Photobucket

Here's what the whole set consists of:

Photobucket

I know what you're thinking about this project - it looks very Stampin' Up!, doesn't it? :P
It is an intended effect though. I like the way some talented SU Demonstrators create their sets of cards, they're looking crisp and neat, and really stunning. I hope I managed to get somewhat close to them lol.

Below you can see a detailed view of each card in the box:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now I've got to pick the recipient that's going to get these :)
It would do well as a birthday present that one gets somewhat before Christmas, so that the person can actually use these cards, sending them to family or friends. Unless that someone would like to keep them for themselves lol.
I hope you enjoyed my creation!

Thanks for looking,
Chupa xx

2 comments:

  1. Every single piece is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOWZA....how absolutely fantastic!!!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012