Tuesday, 18 August 2009

Got to love flexibility like this :)

So great to see that the Papertake Weekly is celebrating a 100th challenge event! :)
(on the side note: did you notice that several blogs have had the same celebration lately?)
I love them for the challenge that was chosen for this occassion - Take Your Pick, which means that we've got the freedom to re-do any past challenge, and that leaves us with the choice of 99 of them!
*rolls eyes*
Now, this immediately planted in my mind this cunning plan (Blackadder anybody? :P)
Some of you might be familiar with this card of mine that I entered for Mojo Monday 98 about two weeks ago.
I mentioned that it's actually a part of the project that I'm still working on, and will share the rest as soon as it's finished. The reason why it hasn't happened yet is that I was incredibly procrastinating this...
That's what happens to me when I'm working on something that means a lot to me, and I want to do my very best to make it look decent :P
This is meant for a birthday present for my mum, that's two weeks from now, and I knew I really need to finish it soon as the parcel has to be sent to Poland, and it usually takes some more time than it should :)
So in the end, Papertake Weekly gave me an excellent reason to do it - I found their challenge from 16 February, 2009 called A Perfect Match, that is about creating a matching set of some kind. I finished the remaining cards today then, for the purpose of giving this challenge a go, since I didn't want this project left without allowing it for any such chance lol! *evil grin*
(except for the previously posted card, of course)

But enough of talking, on to the set...
I made a little book to house the cards, which was inspired by this gorgeous set made by talented Andrea Walford:

Photobucket

Its cover is very sturdy, as I cut it out from the thick cardboard used for matting pictures. Here's the back view:

Photobucket

The flaps are tied together with a silk ribbon:

Photobucket

There are two sizes of cards grouped together, and each group sits in the pocket made of an elastic lace, of the kind they use to make garters. It holds the cards firmly together , yet it's gentle enough for paper, so I don't have to worry that it's going to damage any of them.

Photobucket

Finally, below you'll find all the cards in the set, including the one that's already been used in another challenge and has to be omitted in the current entry (I'm putting it as the last one in the row):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The sentiment on this one says "I Love You" in Polish:

Photobucket

...and this one means "For You":

Photobucket

Lastly, the previous "Mojo Monday" card:

Photobucket

I hope you enjoyed this post, as it took me a while to prepare for it and put it together lol!
Thanks for stopping by, and again for all your lovely comments,
Chupa xx

5 comments:

  1. All I can say is WOW!
    What a glorious set of cards in an amazing folder. You mum will be thrilled.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ta ostatnia z aksamitnymi kwiatami rzuca na kolana, z polskimi akcentami przecudne,a segregator na kartki-po prostu powala.
    Jesteś WIELKA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh how fabulous are these. I love each and every one of them chick, and the colours you used are so pretty. A wonderful set I think. Thank you for joining us over at PTW for our special challenge. Hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a fantabulous project! Might just have a go at this for something a little extra for my Mum at Christmas, she's always getting me to make cards for someone. Each card is beautiful, i love them all, along with the folder that you've housed them in! Jillix

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is extremely impressive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012