Saturday, 15 August 2009

Got to love lace!

Ahh thank you Daring Cardmakers for your wonderful new challenge! It says Lace and as soon as I saw the respective post, I knew what I'm going to occupy my hands with for the next hour!
Lace / ribbon is probably my favorite type of embellishment, so gleaming with joy, I produced some cards (how predictable of me :P)
The first one uses some interestingly shaped lace that I got from my mum. I love its look, but I wish I had it in some other colours too, so that I could use it more often. Unfortunately, it's one-of-a-kind, old lace that's probably older than me :)
As you can see, it works wonderfully as a frame:

Photobucket

I also made a nice and quick set below. Each card uses a different kind of lace: a delicate vintage one, a garter-style piece and a little flower. The cutout flower on "be mine" card has some serious amount of glitter on it, and sparkles beautifully. As usually, it can't be seen on the picture as I wish it would.

Photobucket

Hope you enjoyed them!
Thanks for stopping by,
Chupa xx

6 comments:

  1. what gorgeous cards....a great take on this weeks DCM challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous creations, love that blue lace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards. I love the colours you've used in the first one. The black and white one's look really classy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely lovely cards. I'm not sure I could bring myself to use such treasured pieces of lace on a lanning to keep

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blue lace is really nifty--don't you just love being able to use up bits and pieces and have it work out well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards, you did a wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012