Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Peek - a - boo!

Woo-hoo another triple challenge card!
To make this one was a really tough nut to crack for me, as each challenge alone is not an easy task.

Firstly, I followed the sketch from Charisma Cardz. The triangle shape is, let's say, not the most popular cardmaker's choice, so I started by finding the purpose for this particular part of the card, and figured out that it would make a nice "window".
Secondly, the chosen colours are from the Day 164 Colour Scheme, given by Pam from the 365 Cards blog. These are all five strong colours: red, yellow, purple, orange and blue.
A mind boggling combo? Ooooh yes!
And lastly, perhaps the most challenging part - current task from 2 Red Bananas - to create a card using cardstock only, accompanied by a single type of embellishment. Goodness me, no patterned paper at all?! Now that hurts Chupa greatly, lol!

Anyway, after all I'm quite satisfied with the effect. Take a look:

Photobucket

The raccoon was, as usually, drawn by me, on the basis of an existing stamp that I found on the net. I coloured it with my watercolour pencils, cut out and fixed to the card with mounting tape.
I used the "fishnet" ribbon again (several overlapping stripes of it to make it wider), that along with the purple ribbon constitutes for a single embellishment of my choice.
The fence was cut from an orange cardstock, and coloured with purple marker and dabs of purple watercolour pencil for some shading.
I sponged the sky a bit with white Versa Magic ink to add some clouds, but I'm afraid the effect is not too visible on the photo.
The sentiment is hand written.
Hope you'll enjoy!

Thanks for popping in,
Chupa xx

EDIT: I have just noticed that I totally forgot to add some glitter to my card! This will probably disqualify my entry for 365 Cards, since the challenge is within the Art Glitter Week...
I could "repair" the mistake, and re-upload the photo, but I'm not that greedy... so feel free to delete this entry if needed.
I'll probably have a go on at least one more challenge for this week anyway :)

7 comments:

  1. Wow Chupa, good going combining challenges! That fishnet ribbon is great, and your raccoon is pretty darn cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! And Pam says no need to add glitter so you're good to go!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome card. The racoon and fence are really amazing. Thanks for playing in 2RB's challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fab card and a great take on this weeks sketch. Thanks for playing with Charisma.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, such a sweet image, I love him peeping up from behind the fence - too cute! Thanks for joining us at Charisma this week & best of luck

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun card...I love it. It's ok you don't have to glitter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card!! I love all the happy colors and your raccoon is just adorable! Thanks for playing along in the 2RedBananas challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012