Sunday, 30 August 2009

Retro!

I had a bit of a struggle with the Daring Cardmakers' last challenge called "Give them an Inchie!".
I never heard about inchies before, and they sounded like a fantastic idea to me, but unfortunately I couldn't pursue the style that I wanted to use, due to lack of an appropriate stamp...
I decided on a bit of an avant-garde instead, since inchies have an artsy feeling to them. Here's what I did with the theme:

Photobucket

I like bold colours and geometric shapes from the 60's and 70's, and I had a few samples of such designs, so I thought it would be nice to play with them.
The sentiment is hand-written.

Thanks for looking,
Chupa xx

6 comments:

  1. Great card, lovely bold colours, yet very stylish. Anesha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your layout works just beautifully with your retro colours. You can see what's it's a design time that really appeals to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just wonderful.....the style and colours are fab!
    I especially love the detail of the added gems on the corners of the card, it finishes it off perfectly.

    Thanks for joining in with the Daring Cardmakers this week.
    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bold colours and the strong designs make for a fabulous card. I love what you've nade here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012