Friday, 28 August 2009

Simplicity does not mean boredom

Isn't this so true?
That's why I get constantly amazed by the beautiful creations of some SU! demonstrators. They must keep things simple so they don't force their clients into a 2-hour marathon with a single card, yet they're very well aware that fine craftsmanship along with a good choice of materials can do magic.
Why do I mention this? Because I like challenges of this sort, that keep my love for excessive matting and embellies on a tight leash. I imagine that creating a simple card can be a real challenge for many a cardmaker. And thus I'm really curious what the other participants in the White Space challenge over at 365 Cards will come up with.
Here's what I did with the sketch:

Photobucket

The lower ribbon shimmers in the light, because it's a gorgeous, soft velour. The other ribbon has a raised velour pattern too. They belong to a lovely set of 5 ribbons that I accidentally stumbled upon in a cheapie shop the other day, and didn't have a chance to use before :)

Thanks for looking, happy crafting!
Chupa xx

3 comments:

  1. Really, really beautiful Chupa!
    I love this card.
    Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Chupa - I love the ribbon idea! Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012