Thursday, 27 August 2009

Vintage pastels

The very fresh new challenge at 365 Cards is called "Going Vintage". Now, vintage is the word that makes Chupa's heart beat faster :P How could I possibly resist?
I have just created this card:

Photobucket

For some the DPs and the image might ring the bell, for not too long ago I designed a set of cards featuring both (the image is from the same gorgeous set, but it's not the exact one). Usually I'd let the stuff that I use "cool down" for a little while and use something else instead, but they were just perfect for the colour combo proposed this week by the Color Throwdown team: bashful blue, certainly celery and positively pink. It would be hard for me to find some papers that match their choice better.
I also made use of sketch #22, which is the theme of the recent challenge given by the Papertake Weekly Challenge.

Thanks for stopping by, happy crafting!
Chupa xx

12 comments:

  1. I agree with Patti J, the lace trimming is perfect for the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love your image, and that lace trim just sets off the whole card! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful!! and i love the lace also :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow...I LOVE this bright & fun vintage card!!!! You rocked the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! talk about rockin a challenge. I love the colors, the picture, the layout, etc etc. Its yum-o

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card.Love the bright colors of your vintage card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic! I LOVE that image!! Thanks so much for playing along with us in the Color Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous chick. You did a great job with the sketch and the lace and image are just gorgeous :) Thank you for joining us at PTW - hugs, Dawny xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! That image is gorgeous and so is your card!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cool card - thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love you have managed to make a bright card that is still vintage :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012