Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Yay! My favorite colour combo!

I'm so glad to see the colour scheme that The Pink Elephant team chose for their next challenge! They're Brown and Turquoise, accompanied by some Neutral, and this is my all-time favorite!
And to make things even more interesting, I have only just finished a project using these colours, before the challenge was published - now call this a coincidence! Haha, one lucky Chupa :D
(of course, the project is very "fresh" and hasn't yet been posted)

The said project is a set of miniature cards with the sentiments for different occasions, that fit in a box that I designed for them. Here's how it looks like:

Photobucket

The opened lid reveals the cards:
(scratches on the patterned paper were not done by me in some outburst of rage, that's how the paper is made to look aged :P)

Photobucket

There are six cards altogether, as in the picture below:

Photobucket

And here are the detailed photos of each card in the set:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had a lot of fun making these, although there are some things that could look better. Let's say that my stamping skills are still crawling on all fours :P
I'm quite satisfied with the overall effect though, and the little box looks really cute. Now I must think who I'm going to give it to lol!

NOW, in case the above project doesn't fit into the challenge (it lacks of Neutral colour after all), or if there is a possibility that I had one more entry in it, there is something else that I have just finished.
I had in my plans already to make the card for the Daring Cardmakers current challenge, which is to make a Flip-Flop or Swing card. I found a nice tutorial on it lately in an Australian cardmaking magazine and wanted to give it a go, so when I stumbled upon that challenge, I immediately decided that it's the perfect time!
And in the end, after visiting The Pink Elephant blog today, I couldn't resist (again) but to make this card with the blue & brown combo in mind :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is obviously a 3-dimensional card, but there is no problem with postage, as it folds up nice and flat:

Photobucket

The corner cutouts were not punched, they're my design and I cut them with the craft knife. I could certainly use some nice Fiskars stuff if I had one... and oh yesss I will, sooner or later :D
The border of the central circle is cut with the wavy-edged craft scissors. I affixed the circle to the rest of the card with the string - it's better than a ribbon, because it makes the central part rotate more easily.
I hope you'll enjoy my contribution!

Thanks for stopping by,
Chupa xx

10 comments:

  1. Oh Wow….that’s a different take on the Flip-Flop card dare but it’s fantastic!

    The image is beautiful and the colours are stunning together.

    Thanks for joining us at the DCM’s this week.

    Sue
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat - masses or gorgeous items. I love your gift card set - each card is so different and totally stunning.
    That swing card is great too - thank you sharing everything with us at the Pink Elephant. I loved seeing them as I'm sure my fellow DT members will too.
    Ann xxx
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forst of all - your cardbox and the cards inside are all fabulous, I love your project (I've made a couple of similar projects recently - lovely to see another idea for these)
    Your DCM card is stunning, it looks soooo intricate and difficult - you are MUCH braver than me! Well done, a really fab piece of crafting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww thankies, glad you liked it!
    *blushes*

    ReplyDelete
  5. That DCM card is awesome! Great colors and nifty design. I also like your cards in a box (need to keep that idea around at Christmastime).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mega eye candy!!!! Love the box with all the cards, and your DCM entry is super too...It would take me a week to make that many!!!!
    Thanks for joining us with these beauties :)

    Hugs
    Carol x
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzers! So much to look at - you are one very busy gal! Looks awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! What a fabulous line up!! Thanks for playing with us at TPE!!

    Sheri
    http://thepinkelephantchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow! what lovely projects you made with your fav color & our challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning treat!!! They are all fab!!

    Thanks for joining us at TPE!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012