Thursday, 10 September 2009

A colourful duo

Better late than never, they say... I had a long day today, sorting out several things, and it was already late afternoon that I found some time to catch up on some new challenges.
I made two cards, and each of them merges a few of them.
Here's the first one:

Photobucket

This is my second take on the Mojo Monday 103. I really like this sketch, and so I wanted to give it another go.
It also enters Color Throwdown #59, with given combo of pumpkin pie, close to cocoa and ruby red. How big my surprise was to see this new combination, as I just got this set of lovely autumny papers earlier today, without knowing that they would come handy so soon lol.
The third challenge for this card is called "Embossing", and is hosted by Crafty Creations.
Embossed is a polka dots pattern, that I later sponged with brown ink.

On to the second project:

Photobucket

This card also follows a colour combination, this time from Cute Card Thursday, which is called "Strawberry Mint Julep". It's nice that I had these papers in my stash, as strawberry is neither a classic pink, nor mint julep a classic green, so the challenge is not as simple as one would suspect :)
The rest of the challenges for this one are:
- "D is for Die-cuts" at ABC Challenge - I suppose it needs no explanation :)
- again, Crafty Creations' "Embossing". The pattern is not overly visible I'm afraid, but it's definitely there, LOL
- B.L.I.N.G. over at Paper Blooms, that requires adding something that sparkles or shines. The green DP has sparkly pattern, and I also added glitter to the stamped flower.

The list is done, I hope it doesn't look too scary, hahah!
Thank you for stopping by, happy crafting!
Chupa xx

15 comments:

  1. gril you rocked these cards!! love them both :) thanks for joining us on paperblooms :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they're both beautiful!! Gorgeous pattern on the first, and love the sponged embossed dots!! The colors are so yummy on the second and I see the lovely embossed pattern on the lower half just fine!! Thanks for playing the Crafty Creations challenge!!
    smiles,
    Deena

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely fall card! You will have a nice one to send.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is perfect. I love the colours and the embossing you did along the bottom. Great job.
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the orange and browns! Wonderful Autumn feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your dry embossing and bling. Way to rock the color throwdown.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that leaf! That is great paper and just perfect for this pretty card! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both beautiful! I love how you were able to combine the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Love both of them:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab cards - grat colours and layouts! Thanks for playing at Crafty Creations! Cheers claire x

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous cards you have made. thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  13. fabulous

    thanks for joining us this week on ABC :)

    Hugs Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are fab!
    Thanks for joining us at the ABC Challenge this week!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012