Thursday, 10 September 2009

Discotheque in Osaka

I suppose this is a strange title, but that's what pops into my mind when I'm looking at my latest creation :P
This is probably the most out-of-my-comfort zone card ever lol, but I'm pleased with the effect.
I've got this large stack of origami papers in neon colours, and they've been tempting and annoying me at the same time, because they're really nice patterns but the colours are, mildly speaking, not for everybody :)
The current challenge at Colour Create gave me an opportunity to use them, as their given colours are black and neon green! One striking duo, isn't it?
Here's my card:

Photobucket

Since these are original Japanese papers and patterns, I'm also entering this card into "Simon Says...Oriental" at Simon Says Challenge :)
Hahah, I'm interested what they'll have to say about it...

Thanks for stopping by!
Chupa xx

9 comments:

  1. Ooooh wow, very striking ! Love those papers and see, I made you use them at last !!! hehehehe I also think it looks very Oriental with those great patterns on it and how you have layered it - very clever !

    Thank you for joining us at Colour Create and also Simon Says Challenge !

    Hugs,

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow this is fantastic ! I love the colours and the layout of this card ! Brilliant !! :-) Well done on combining the challenges too ,,, neither of them are easy challenges and you did a fantastic job with both ! :-)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    Luv
    Lols x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awesome! I am so happy that you took the oriental theme and made use of the background side of things...it is very lovely and creative!!

    thanks so much for joining our challenge this week! It is a tough one for some ;)
    Luv,
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Chupa - this card is stunning! The patterns are just gorgeous! Great job with the colours!

    xx-Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Chupa - fabulous card and those papers are stunning such beautiful patterns - bet it felt good to use some of them!!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW really clever card love your idea and those papers!

    Thanks for joining Colour create this week

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning card.. the colors with the design is AWESOME..
    thank you for joining Colour Create Challenge...hugs janny

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! I love it! A fabulous use of the challenge colours. Great design and detail. Thank you for joining us at the Colour Create Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012