Wednesday, 2 September 2009

The name of the rose

This card took me ages to create, but that's because I was watching a movie at the same time - that's the thing that I'm trying to avoid, so that my mojo is not disturbed so badly lol.
I made it for the Wednesday challenge at 365 Cards which is Ad Inspired. It is a sassy & feminine image with b&w leading colours, and an addition of red and cream.
I decided that I make a card that would follow the mood, and so I came up with this:

Photobucket

It was quite a job to cut out the rose, but it was worth it, as it stands out nicely against the dark background :)
What you can't see on the picture is that the card opens to the right, and the lace marks where the spine is (i.e. the flaps of the card are stuck together in a narrow strip). I wanted to take the picture in my usual way, so that all these details are visible, but I needed a dark background for the punched border to show up properly, so I laid it flat on my desk.

Thank you for peeping in,
Chupa xx

13 comments:

  1. oh this is beautiful! and taking the time to cut out the rose was well worth it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, elegant card!

    Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice indeed Chupa and great fussy cutting on the rose.
    Hugs
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Niesamowita jesteś w pomysłach a kartka piękna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nie przestajesz mnie zadziwiać. Każda następna praca to nowe cudeńko. Podziwiam i jestem dumna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! that's what I call dedication. Fabulous rose. Well worth all the hard work and your eyesight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card! I'm lovin' all the red flowers I'm seeing! ~~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I would have started screaming after about 5 minutes of cutting it out. I have no patience. This is a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is beautiful! i love that flower, and yes it looks tedious to cut out! I too have a hard time crafting and watching a movie. too much activity for one little brain. you did fab though! nice work!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty, and great job on the cutting, it was well worth the effort, wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the ad. Love that rose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have a way with the scale of your elements. I love the bold graphic look and the tiny sentiment! nicely done challenge

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012