Wednesday, 9 September 2009

Serenity at sunset

This would be my most richly coloured card so far, me thinks... and those who know how I love rich & striking colour combinations, probably suspect some disco fever stuff lol :P
Actually, if this card reminds me of something, that would be the so popular Halloween theme, although this was not my intention to go in this direction.

Photobucket

It turned out more reddish on the photo, than it is in fact - I would rather call my actual reds sepias, as I used a mixture of deep brown & purple for the distressing. Blame the strong sun :)
The silhouette of the flower & the bird was stamped on a piece of a textured orange DP, but due to heavy sponging the background is barely left untouched. I used watercolours pencils to draw the sun. The sentiment is a sticker, but I traced around it with a black marker to make it bolder.
The small pattern on the sides of the sentiment has been embossed using Fiskars texture folder, and then I applied some colour on it with a gold leafing pen.
Finally, I added four eyelets to the corners of the card.
This is going to be my entry for Sketch #23 at Papertake Weekly :)

Thank you so much for peeping in!
Chupa xx


6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely, warm card. I love it!
    Hugs, Becky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the image and fabulous warm colours.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. !!!Tajemnicza nostalgia. Piękna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so gorgeous chick. I absolutely LOVE those colours. It's stunning, and you did a fab job with the sketch :) Thank you for joining us over at PTW, hugs, Dawny xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card, wonderful artwork.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. I love the autumn colours.

    Glenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012