Tuesday, 8 September 2009

Stars and Stripes Forever

... is the title of the current challenge over at Our Creative Corner. When I saw it yesterday, I had doubts whether I'm going to take part in this one, because stars are usually out of my comfort zone. Yet, I woke up in the middle of the night with two different ideas for this challenge in my mind, and frankly, I couldn't help but to keep "polishing them up" in my head since then, which in turn caused me having a great difficulty in falling asleep again... :P
Here is the first submission of mine, yet another newborn card:

Photobucket

I must admit that I really like how it turned out - its crisp, vivid colours make me happy, and they're just perfect for the baby boy theme. I also like to add dimension to my projects whenever possible, and here it looks really great.

My second project includes a card and an explosion box:

Photobucket

There is too a lot of dimension here, applied to all the stars (although it's not too obvious for the silvery stickers on the card).
Below you can see how the inside of the box looks like. It's empty, since I haven't decided yet what it's going to contain, or for this matter, whose birthday I will use it for :)

Photobucket

This set is also going to enter Scrappy Frog's next challenge, since it's about creating some 3D object. Done! :D

Thanks for stopping by!
Chupa xx

6 comments:

  1. These are great. I really love the little box, I will have to give that one a go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what great cards! I love the colors on the baby card! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!
    CindyB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! These are both amazing. I really love the baby card - the colors are wonderful. The black and silver card and box are just terrific too! Thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your projects are extraordinary. The baby card is beautifully bright and happy but I am a sucker for black and white so the birthday card and box are my hands down favorite! Thanks so much for joining the OCC challenge this week - hope you didn't lose too much sleep over it - LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your cards!!! What a great baby gift. Thanks for playing along with us this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012