Monday, 7 September 2009

Sunflower revisited :)

My first idea after stumbling upon the Daring Cardmakers current "A Sunflower Bouquet" challenge, was to go and get the lovely resin sunflower that I've seen in the shop, and use it on my entry card. Unfortunately (or was it?) it was weekend and I had to wait until today to have the place opened. I designed another card in the meantime (see it here), but I'm a stubborn person and once I decided that I want that flower to enter the challenge, I wasn't going to resign from that lol.
Here's the delinquent:

Photobucket

The card follows Nikki's sketch from One Stop Craft. Well, roughly...
It's also going to be another card of mine in the 2 Red Bananas "Stripes and Dots" challenge. The presence of dots need no explanation, and the stripes... are everywhere really :)
They're the motif of the two ribbons, which are being stripes themselves, etc.

Embossing was done using Fiskars plates.

Thank you for looking!
Chupa xx

8 comments:

  1. What a lovely bright and cheerful card Chupa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love the two ribbons! Thanks for joining us again at 2RedBananas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you fell in love with and wanted to use the resin Sunflower Chupa, it’s absolutely beautiful.
    It looks great with the colours you’ve chosen and the embossing really sets it off perfectly.

    Thanks for joining in a second time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very beautiful too - well worth the wait for the sunflower! Great colours.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mix of fabulous colours on this one. The sunflower really pulls it all together

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also a really great card. I love that the stripes for the challenge are in the ribbon! Thanks for playing along with 2RB.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a happy card, beautiful colours! Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge.Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow! 2 cards - awesome! the colors here are so bright and happy! i love polka dots! thanks for playing last week at 2RB! I hope you'll join in the sketch challenge this week too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012