Sunday, 13 September 2009

Waiting for my sweet little apple...

I've just finished a project that I'm very satisfied with. This one also bears a special meaning to me, because that's my first crafting project that will feature my baby, that's arriving any day now.
The said project is a CD holder, that uses this lovely sketch from Card Patterns, and the current challenge theme from Our Creative Corner called "Happy Fall Y'all":

Photobucket

I made it as a birthday gift for my one-of-a-kind aunt, and once my girl is born, it will feature the compilation CD from the first hours of my precious. I'll be sending it to Poland :)
You're probably wondering why all the apples in a baby-related project? In Poland we've got the way of naming pregnant women as those who bear fruit that's about to ripen, and often choose apples to picture this. This is thus the most appropriate theme for me to pick :))
The sentiment in the right bottom corner says "the day you were born". It's quite small, but still pretty readable for the person holding the thing.

Here's a close up to show you the dimension applied to the apples & the square with the tree:

Photobucket

The inside of the holder has a pocket that will carry the disc, and there's also a chipboard frame that I will put a little slide-style picture of the newborn girl inside.

Photobucket

Now it only has to wait for this long-expected day to come! I suppose sometime this coming week... =D

Thank you for stopping by!
Chupa xx

7 comments:

  1. Cudeńko!!! Robisz wszystko aby przeskoczyć siebie-wiem, że dasz radę. Chylę głowę ARTYSTKO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is adorable!!! And what a neat thing about the apples! Thanks for sharing your story! Best wishes to you on your precious little girl! I have 2 daughters myself, and they are SO wonderful!!!! Nothing can compare!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute card! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what fabulous card. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute idea Chupa! I love that tree and the vibrant colors on the front.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. So bright and colorful. What a wonderful project. I'm sure your aunt will love it. So happy you could play along with us at the OCC this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very creative. Thanks for joining us at CardPatterns this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012