Wednesday, 14 October 2009

In a Holiday mood

I'm running late with posting lately, but it was one hectic day... it's almost midnight, and I've just finished the cards that I started making this morning... being so fast thanks to my gorgeous little newborn :P
The first one was designed for two challenges that occur at the same place, which is a recently found blog - Flourishes Newsletter. This is another one to host some extremely talented Design Team, not to mention that the stamps they're promoting are exactly my type! I sooo wish I could play with some of them... :)
Anyway, as I mentioned, they hold two challenges at the moment, one being a sketch, and the other one requiring some sparkle added to the project - and my goodness, I'd rarely drool over the prize as much as I do for this one, for they're giving out 6 brand new stamp sets!!! =P
Here's my card that uses "sketch C" and features some glitter (on Santa's beard, mustache & hat) - it's not much in comparison with the stunning samples from the DT members, but I'm sure it will do:

Photobucket

Since I also wanted to play with the current Mercy's sketch today, I decided that I add glittery bits to this one too. Here's my second card:

Photobucket

I love the way it turned out, especially that I drew the image myself (the stamp certainly exists, but surprise surprise... I don't own it :D ) I then coloured it with watercolour pencils, but have not blended them, since I liked the rough effect. The glitter is added to the snow & the snowflakes in the air.
I chose the colours from the Color Throwdown 64, which are baja breeze, chocolate and sahara sand. The last one turned out more like beige on the photo, and it's because I took the picture in the yellowy lamp light, that warmed up the colours.

Thanks for stopping by!
Chupa xx

8 comments:

  1. These are so sweet. I love the vintage feel to these cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute cards, and I can't believe you drew that image! Great job! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute!!! I love the sparkles on both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jesteś niesamowicie kreatywna - tworzysz cuda, a karty cóż po prostu piękne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aaaawwww, chupa! love those little sledding buddies! how stinkin' cute!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you've done a wonderful job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! Who makes the stamp btw? Wonderfully colored! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both very pretty. Love how you mixed the patterns on the paper. Great job on the color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Chupa - sweet cards!!

    Hey, I'm getting in touch with your for my gdt Shelly. Seems you've won her candy and she's having trouble reaching you. Please email me at tuesdaymorningsketches@gmail.com so I can put you in touch with her. Thanks!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012