Wednesday, 21 October 2009

Merry & passionate

Hello again, I've got two cards to show you today!
I found yet one more yummy challenge blog yesterday, and I swear I was battling myself to close the browser window and forget about it lol! Well, it didn't work...
It's called Just Us Girls, and here I am with a submission for their challenge #3, which is a colour combo of aqua, red and cream. Don't you just immediately think of winter holidays?

Photobucket

The colouring medium for both cards are my watercolour pencils. I know I'm using them a lot lately, I guess after rediscovering them I fell into some kind of addiction :P
The sentiment is hand-written, again, on both creations.
The sketch comes from 2 Red Bananas.

Next card is designed for Card Patterns sketch 37:

Photobucket

There's barely any layering here, but apart from the watercolours used on the image, the project is heavy with sponging. I also stamped some flourishes around the edges of the DP to create the "lush jungle" look.

Thank you so much for stopping by today!
Chupa xx

8 comments:

  1. WOW These are SO gorgeous! I love how your colors are so vibrant and beautiful when you color! Amazing!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Both of these cards are very pretty! The coloring in both is fabulous! I love the little red embellies on the first one. Thanks for playing along with the Just Us Girls color challenge! I hope you come and play in next weeks challenge :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards with great colors. Love your hand written sentiments too. Thanks for joining the bananas challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are so pretty! Great job on the challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chupa your coloring is just amazing!! This bird looks so realistic- like he's going to flutter off the screen. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUper pretty cards - I LOVE the gingerbread house! It's so adorable and your coloring is super. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week. Hope to see you back on Saturday for a brand new challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I love your gingerbread house!! This turned out so cute!! What fab coloring and I love that you kept the base card and ribbon simple! Really adds that finishing touch!

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!! Hope you can join us again on Saturday for a fun 3-D challenge hosted by our sweet Mona!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOH, I love gingerbread house. Pretty cards!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012