Friday, 9 October 2009

Monochromatic vs. two-tone

Whew...I had quite a day! My 2 week old girl was having some kind of ache, and I couldn't calm her down, no matter what I tried.... talk about the first tremendous motherly experience lol.
I managed to squeeze in some time for crafting though, you know me ;)
Here's the first of the two cards that I created:

Photobucket

Two different challenge blogs gave us the same task this week - to create a monochromatic card - and this is my response to both of them. They are "Monochromatic Mania" at TSG, and "Monochromatic" at Paper Blooms. I'm also entering it for the "Christmas in October" challenge at Creative Inspirations Challenge Blog, another nice place that I found yesterday. The sketch that I used comes from CPS.

The second card goes for Colour Create's colour combo for this week, which is red, yellow, black & white. I know this is an obvious invitation to make another Halloween project, but I decided to follow a different path.

Photobucket

The other challenge for this one is "Pick 5" over at 365 Cards. It's about using 5 different elements on the project, and mine are: 2 patterned papers, 1 length of ribbon and 2 stamped images.

Thank you so much for looking!
Chupa xx

15 comments:

  1. Wow, such gorgeous cards, your red card is very elegant, I love the papers you have used and that huge red bow. I don't think Jan thought of halloween when she set this colour combo months ago and none of us made a halloween card so your card fits in just perfectly.

    Thank you for joining us at Colour Create this week. Hope to see you again,

    Jo and the CC DT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE them....especially your Pick 5 card...gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning! Pick 5 card, and a new baby too, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW you rocked the pick 5 girl!! love the greens on the first one :0) congrats on the new little one, didnt relize you had her as you kept on making cards lol :0) thanks for joining us on paper blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow what beautiful cards!!!! Love the red card!!! Just stunning!!!
    Thank youfor joining us at Coluor Create..
    janny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards - just love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards. I don't think any of us at CC thought of Halloween but I see where you're coming from lol. Beatiful card and papers, wonderful image and that bow is sensational.
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at CC.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are always stunning Chupa! You really nailed the Colour Create challenge! That card is just fabulous! Thanks for joining in at Colour Create!

    Deanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. both of these cards are gorgeous! thanks for sharing with us at pb :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely stunning cards Chupa! I love the design and the way you used the CC colours in your second card, it's so beautiful and very striking. Glad you could join us at CC this time. Chris :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job, love the green! Thanks for playing along in our TSG Challenge this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards Chupa!!Thanks for joining us over at Creative Inspirations this week.
    Hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! The monochromatic one is so elegant looking and I just looooove the one for Colour Create. Gorgeous use of the colors. Thanks for playing along with all of us this week and Colour Create! Hugs, Dena

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card, just love it! so very stylish and elegant!
    Thanks for joining Colour Create this week!

    Di xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012