Saturday, 31 October 2009

X-mas icons

Good afternoon peeps, I'm going to show you another holiday set of mine, that I made after getting inspired by a similar one featured in an "Australian Cardmaking, Stamping & Papercraft" magazine.
I'm very much into classic, rich Christmas colours: red, green and gold, and I enjoy every piece I create, that features them. Here's my very Christmassy project:

Photobucket

This set took me more time that I expected, partly because it takes some time to do the embossing manually (I used Fiskars embossing plate and a stylus), and partly due to exceptionally high temperatures today, that left me pretty exhausted, and my little girl cranky :)

The cards were made to suit two challenges, one of them being "Getting Punchy With It" at Daring Cardmakers (which is to use punches of course), and the other one - "All That Sparkles" at Simon Says Stamp. The last one especially suited the idea behind these cards, to make the central elements twinkle. And oh boy, they do beautifully :)

Below are the photos of each card in detail:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The ornaments have been cut freehand from patterned paper and cardstock, and then glittered. The sentiments are, as usually, hand-written.
Hope you like them, thanks for stopping by!
Chupa xx

2 comments:

  1. A fabulous set of cards and I love the punched detail on the white layer. Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards. Thanks for joining in with my DCM punch dare.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012