Saturday, 7 November 2009

Colours to die for!

I stumbled upon the challenge blog called The Color Dare the other day, and got hooked on immediately. Firstly because colour challenges are, together with sketches, my favourites. Mainly though because of their current challenge with given colours: Very Vanilla, Bermuda Bay, Soft Suede. Now, whoever knows me well, knows too that the blue-brown match is my all-time craze. These colours look so perfect and warm together!
I've got a couple of different DP sets featuring this combination, so it was no problem for me to go for two submissions :) As you'll see, although they have the same colour scheme, the shades of blues & browns are quite different.

For my first card I used some bold patterns:

Photobucket

I'm entering it for "Do the Decade: The 80's" at 365 Cards, and Dream Duo at the same place (this one along with the next card in this post):

Photobucket

Both cards also go to "Recipe for Love Somethings" over at Stamp Something. The challenge says: 1 ribbon, 2 papers, 3 embellishments.

The second project alone enters "Getting Krafty" at Daring Cardmakers.
Ok, that about covers my list lol :)
Thanks for stopping by tonight, see you again tomorrow!
Chupa xx

12 comments:

  1. Great card Chupa! I'm with you on the blue brown combo...absolutely love it. I love your bold patterned paper and the sweet little "hi". SO glad you found the Color Dare...hope you'll join us again next week.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. two great cards - especially love the design pf the Kraft one - it works so well. Thanks for joining in with the DXM this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these are both stunning. I love the sentiment you've used on the kraft one! Thanks for joining in with Daring Cardmakers this week.

    Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I LOVE the first one!! fantastic colors and yummy paper :0) beautiful second one and what a great sentiment :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. PS: Thank you for joining us at the color dare! Hope to see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Very Nice! I, like you, love the vanilla, brown & blue color combos.. and your takes on these challenges are beautiful! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card. Thanks for playing along at the Color Dare...come back again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab cards, so elegant. Love the clean lines. Tthanks for joining in at DCM. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOOO wow!! Both cards are great! Thanks so much for playing along in the Color Dare this week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards :D A fantastic sentiment on the second one - both are brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards! Your designs are great!
    Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something Challenge this week.
    God bless
    Giovana

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012