Monday, 9 November 2009

Crazy for mittens

Whew! The card that I'm going to show you took me ages to make... and I don't even know why!
It's true that being a 3-D project (an easel card), it takes some more time to decorate & assemble, and also true that my little girl had an especially cranky day, but still... At least it looks decent lol! :)

Photobucket

This card combines three challenges, and these are:
- the sketch (JUGS6) from Just Us Girls, applied to the upper panel;
- Favorite Things Challenge at Flourishes Newsletter - we are to pick a phrase from a Christmas song and create a project around it, and I chose "warm woolen mittens";
- C4C10 "Easel Card" at Crazy 4 Challenges.

This is my first easel card, and I really like the way it looks. It's a simple design after all, but my goodness, does it make a statement!
The mittens and the sentiment are from Verve, and they were a freebie! Woo-hoo, now I can say that I finally got to use their lovely stamps lol!
I wanted the shapes of the five snowflakes to be only subtly outlined against the background, thus I popped them up on mounting tape, so that it's not the colour, but dimension that exposes them.
I added some silver string, rhinestones to the mittens, and a large white button to support the upper panel.

Thank you for stopping by, I appreciate your comments!
Chupa xx

8 comments:

  1. What a fantastic card - and to combine not one, but three challenges! You go girl! You card is beautiful :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Chupa! I haven't tried an easel card but just might after seeing yours. So happy to have you as our guest DT this week on CP.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic! I love your easel card and those mittens are too cute! Great job and thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. fabulous card, thanks for playing along with the C4C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cudna!!! wypieszczona, wysmakowana, fantastyczna.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super adorable easel card. It LOOKS like it was a lot of work - great take on our sketch and way to combine several challenges! Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls. Hope to see you again on Saturday for our next technique challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on chic of the week! Your card is very beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at you, winning chic of the week for this cute little easel card! Congratulations!
    Hugs,
    LeAnne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012