Wednesday, 11 November 2009

Curried Cardinal

I don't know how and why, but my style evolved somewhat over the last few days... :P
Although I must admit that I'm more than pleased with the way things turn... I might have just learnt a few tricks along the way (finally!)
I'm bringing you my first card today, that I made for the Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #43:

Photobucket

I know it's quite unusual to combine a Holiday theme with the flowery DP, but firstly this lovely paper suited the current Colour Throwdown perfectly, and secondly, I thought - what the heck, I'm going to give this one a little twist! :)
The challenge colours are: Only Orange, Real Red, Crushed Curry, and some dark neutral. I've got quite a few of these neutrals here lol!
I think this is a nice, warm and thoroughly Christmassy card, and the flowers don't look bizarre at all :)
The sentiment is a digi, and it was a gift from Just Us Girls for taking part in their challenge. Yay ladies! I printed it in orange on white paper, and added a regular stamp in Grant Archival Yellow (it is much darker than the actual yellow colour would be, in fact it's very much like Crushed Curry - talk about accuracy lol!)
I double-popped up the middle panel on dimensionals, and embellished the card with a simple red ribbon and a charm in the shape of a bell.

Thank you so much for stopping by today, see you again soon!
Chupa xx

10 comments:

  1. OH I love it! The flowers bring such a warm feeling to a chilly season and the bell on the bow is awesome! Fabulous job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your twist on non-traditional color with Christmas themed images! Fabulous! You really MET THE CHALLENGE of the Color Throwdown ~ wonderful work! Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is stunning...I love the simplicity and the warmth of your card!!!

    Smiles,
    Lesley :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome take on the color challenge!! You really made these colors work together!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely and I actually have that sentiment too! Is the bird an Inkadinkado? I LOVE it!! Thanks for playing and sharing this lovely card with us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You make people sit up and take notice when you use unusual colors for the holidays! This is beautiful! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card I really like your choice of dp and that great bird!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that's beautiful! Thanks for playing the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Had a little chuckle at the title of your post... it sounds like a new dish at some fancy restaurant! LOL Beautiful card, and wonderful use of the Throwdown colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012