Thursday, 12 November 2009

Encircled birdie

Let me tell you, I lost my nerves a couple of times over this card:

Photobucket

You know how it is to cut a scalloped circle with a pair of scissors? I did it a couple of times with smaller scallops, but this shape took me AGES to cut, not to mention that the result is far from being neat... Cuttlebug machine and a couple of Nesties are certainly at the very top of my shopping list!
(anyone for a little bank robbery? LOL)

Anyway, I've done it for purpose :) - the first one being Tuesday Morning Sketches #19, that features a sketch for a circular card (although I flipped it, and replaced the vertical panel with the bird), and the other is Quixotic Challenge #2: Stitching. I used faux stitching, this technique is always fun and gives great results :)

The stamps are from Nature's Moments by Tim Holtz (except for the sentiment)
The birdie and the panel with sentiment have been popped up on the mounting tape, and the card was embellished with two ribbons.

Thank you for stopping by, happy crafting!
Chupa xx

7 comments:

  1. Well, I must say you did a FABULOUS job! Looks pretty good to me! Just the fact that you cut the scallop with scissors is pretty amazing. I love the image and this is so Victorian in non-traditional Victorian colors.

    Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this card is fantastic! I'm totally in love with the scalloped circle shape.. just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, love the color combo and your little touches... the stitching and the little swirl, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card, loe the colours and the stamps are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, a truly beautiful card the colours are gorgeous and work so well together and you would never think you'd cut those scallops by hand - brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the stamps you used fit lovely together. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just beautiful! Love the colours and the image is wondeful. Thanks for joining the Quixotic Paperie Challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012