Wednesday, 4 November 2009

The glory of autumn

My "European" nature still cannot adjust to the fact that I'm now living in the Southern Hemisphere, and despite the signs of spring all around, I feel like autumn. Especially with the Holidays coming soon, I catch myself awaiting the first snow impatiently... but instead of having a snowball fight, I will be frying under the Australian sun. Some might say WONDERFUL! but I still prefer classic white Christmas :)

Feeling like this has its bonuses though - I have no problem with producing one seasonal card after another, and keeping up with the autumn themed challenges. Besides, it gives me an opportunity to work with some of my most loved colours.
Today I'm showing you two cards, that I made in response to three different, deeply autumnal colour schemes. The first one has been set by 2 Red Bananas, and features four colours: red, orange, yellow & brown, from which we've got to pick at least three. Here's my submission:

Photobucket

The sketch comes from 2S4Y (Laura's sketch #38), and the torn newspaper page, apart from being a nice touch, has been incorporated to the design to suit the challenge over at One Stop Craft that's called "Newspaper/Text".

My next creation uses the awesome sketch for Mojo Monday 111. It's a contest time again!!

Photobucket

LOL can you tell that I'm crazy for faux stitching lately? For weeks I've been annoyed that I don't own a sewing machine, and that I'm missing on one of my favourite ways of embellishing the projects... not any more my friends, Chupa has learnt the technique and is officially in love with it :P
The colours for this one come from TPE, and they're brown, yellow, neutral, and the colour of my choice. Also, 365 Cards hosts an Ad Inspired challenge, with a beautiful wreath featuring the same range of colours. What a truly autumny line up!
The sentiment was designed and written by me.

Thank you for stopping by today, I'm off to work on the next project! :)
Chupa xx

8 comments:

  1. Wow what a beautiful card! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are just wonderful. You are doing a great job with fall even though it isn't fall where you are. Love the faux stiching it looks so real. Thanks for joining the bananas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE That vintage feel of the first card. fab

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I would never guess that second card had faux stitching! Incredible job. Thanks for creating with us at TPE. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kartka owocowa jest przecudna, dosłownie rzuca na kolana. Jesteś chodzącym talentem. Cudna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just gorgeous creations. Love them.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your cards!

    I feel for you! I spent most of my life in the east and upper midwest, so living now in So. California...is just odd this time of year. However, I do dance the happy dance when it's 70 here and 15 below zero in Minnesota! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love that Autumn Glory card. Great colours. Please check out my blog for blog candy. stamperontheshore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012