Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Joy indeed!

Hello again, I'm back with wonderful news - I've been chosen for a Guest Designer for Sketch 40 at Card Patterns!! I cannot begin to tell how happy I was to find this out - thank you so much girls, it's an honour to join you!
I won't reveal the sketch, since it hasn't yet been posted, but I can show you my interpretation of it :)

Photobucket

The idea for this one came from the current challenge at Flourishes Newsletter (FTTC40).
The rules are to combine a colored image, texture or textures, and any shades of neutrals we want (which is any combination of whites, creams, blacks, browns, and grays). I used two shades of brown, white and grey (which for some reason looks a tad green here...)
The texture comes from faux stitching, cardstock, and some in-colour stamping on the panels.
I chose poinsettia flowers for this project, for I knew that a strong, vivid colour like red would pop up wonderfully against a neutral background.
The rest is a standard: I used watercolour pencils for the image, and wrote the sentiment using a marker.

EDIT: the challenge is now on, and you can see this lovely sketch here at Card Patterns.

Thank you for stopping by tonight, happy crafting!
Chupa xx

5 comments:

  1. Very pretty card and congrats on your guest designer position! :)
    kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!! Love the image looks like popping out from the card!! TFS~

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ric-rac at the bottom of this is just perfect! Love how you even threaded it through the button.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, this card really pops. Lovely. Thanks so much for playing along with Cardpatterns this week - I'm thrilled to be their sponsor this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012