Sunday, 1 November 2009

One lovely sketch in two scenes

I fell in love with the sketch 39 from Card Patterns as soon as I saw it. It has beautiful proportions and great versatility. I decided to use it for two different themes, covering some other challenges.
The first one is also my answer to Vintage Style at OCC:

Photobucket

I was very impressed with Renee Van Stralen's sample of the sketch, that I went for similar style and choice of colours. I only added a stamped flourish around the border, but I'm not sure whether it was the smartest idea :)
It's not too apparent on the photo, but the petals of the flower are layered.

Here's my second card:

Photobucket

I wasn't planning to make any more Halloween cards this year, especially that it's already past this holiday, but since two of my favourite challenge blogs were asking for it, i couldn't say no to this :) Which ones are they? Caardvarks with "Boo!", and Crazy 4 Challenges with Very Scary.
The sentiment and the web with a spider are my creations.

Thank you so much for visiting today, see you soon with my new project!
Chupa xx

10 comments:

  1. Both really stunning cards,
    Love Sarita xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! Love your little pumpkin image!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed how you came up with 2 totally different cards with 1 sketch. Awesome! Love the cards and your take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, two totally different looks, both fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards, as usual, and the ghost coming out of the pumpkin is a hoot!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are wonderful!!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! I love seeing how creativity can be stretched by taking one "formula" and applying it to different looks. You did a brilliant job here with both cards! So happy to see you playing along with the OCC again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chupa these are both fabulous! The first is so striking and elegant. The second is just adorable and fun. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chupa...just saw your entry for the OCC Challenge.....both cards are perfect and sooooo beautiful!!! You rock *vintage*!!!

    Thank you so much for palying along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012