Monday, 30 November 2009

Personalized CD holders

Hello, hope you're having a nice day!
I'd like to show you the project that I've just finished, for JUGS9 - Template Challenge, and Color Throwdown #70 with dusty durango, elegant eggplant and old olive for a colour combo.

Photobucket

I chose a template by Cindy Lyles on Splitcoast Stampers for my inspiration, and I created my sample around it. I didn't stick to the given dimensions, firstly because inches tell me nothing at all (I come from Europe) and I'm too lazy to convert, but all in all the design is very easy to figure out.
I made these identical CD holders for two of my hubby's sisters and their families for Christmas. The discs contain the footage from the early hours and days of my precious baby girl :)
The sentiment is hand-written and says "memories".
I don't know why the colour of the ribbon and the flower turned out so vivid... in fact it's much more moderate. Oh well, it's one of these days that my camera decided to play pranks on me lol.

Thank you for looking, hope to see you again soon!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. What an awesome gift Chupa! I'll have to give this template a whirl!! Great way to combine challenges! Both the flower & ribbon look great! Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls template challenge! I hope you join us Saturday for a new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is weet Chupa! WHat a great way to send some pictures to someone special. I love it! I'm so glad you played along with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chupa this is wonderful - great job with CTD colors and for playing along with Just Us GIrls - that CD holder is a GREAT gift - just goes to show how easy it is to create a fantabulous package with a template! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous CD holder! What a lovely gift idea :) I love how vivid the flower looks against the purple and green - so striking! Great job

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of this gift! And you have packaged it so nicely! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love how vivid the flower and your ribbon photographed! The contrast is lovely! This is such a cute gift idea! Love your patterned paper and the simple sentiment. I'm sure your sisters in law will be grateful to receive them!! Who wouldn't want a photograph of your beautiful baby girl? ♥

    Thanks for playing along so faitfully with Just Us Girls! We love having you :O) Hope to see you again on Saturday for Pam's fun sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012