Sunday, 1 November 2009

A pictured inchie

Time for another fabulous sweet sunday sketch at The Sweetest Thing!
I LOVE doing Karen's sketches, they're just perfect, and so are her creations - I like them to the point that every time I see her sample, I want to CASE it. Sometimes I would use a similar colour scheme, sometimes I'd go for the same theme... one thing for sure, I cannot resist but to follow her clean style when using these sketches :) (well, at least I'm aiming for it lol!)
This week I liked how Karen used a calm colour together with a more vivid one, to create a perfectly balanced effect. On my card it's the DP that takes this role:

Photobucket

As you noticed, the card is quite unusual, for it has a photo instead of a stamped image (it's the three of us there :)), and that's because I wanted to address the Wild Card Challenge at Just Us Girls.
There's one more blog that the card goes to, and it's 365 Cards with "It's a Matter of Inches".
I know it's - again - quite an unusual inchie (it's also a tad bigger), but I had this little picture left over from beyond-the-page project, so I thought that there are actually no rules about what an inchies should be made of... :)
I'll send this card to my parents in Poland, I'm sure they'll like it.

Thanks for stopping by, see me soon with one more interpretation of Karen's sketch - I just can't stop at one lol :)

EDIT: I came back to Just Us Girls blog, and noticed that the requirement is that the submission is holiday themed... I haven't noticed that before! *rolls eyes*
Well, I've got one more tiny photo of us, so I might just use it :P

11 comments:

  1. My dear...your card most definitely qualifies for the Just Us Girls challenge! I'm noting that you didn't put a sentiment on the front, so I interpreted this to be either a Thanksgiving or Valentine card ;] The colors can easily be taken as a vibrant variation of autumn colors (such GORGEOUS patterned paper) and the hearts definitely represent Valentine's Day! I love the sweet little inchie of your beautiful family you added...what a perfect touch!

    Please DO email JUGS for your free digital stamp set if you would like to receive it! I would be delighted to send it to you :O)

    Thank you for playing along with Just Us Girls this week and hope to see you on Saturday for a fun sketch challenge hosted by our sweet Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chupa this is delightful. We will certainly interpret this as a holiday card - there is no sentiment specifying - and hey if it's for a birthday then that's a holiday too! right? Great little family photo and a lovely card for your parents. Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with Just Us Girls. Enjoy your digi stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job! Love how you used the picture and your pattern paper is awesome! Nice job! Thanks for playing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. THis is delightful! I love the vibrant patterned paper paired with your perfect matted photo, ribbon and bling! What a wonderful card and your parents are sure to have a smile or two when they open their happy mail. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely card Chupa! Your parents will love it! That DP is gorgeous & I like all your detail - the scalloped trim, the bow & the dew drops! I am so glad you played along with Just Us Girls again :) I hope you join us next Saturday for another fun & exciting challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. Love the family picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, this could definitely be sent for ANY holiday, so it qualifies! Such lovely dp and I love what you did with the sketch! Lovely family photo as well! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge, and have fun with Kristin's free digital set!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness, this is such a great card and what a fabulous idea! I could see myself doing this for Christmas cards this year - so fun! Thanks so much for playing along this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love that DP too. Great picture of your family :) Love the layout you've used. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What wonderful dp for background.Love the colors and very nice layout, placement of your pic. Really like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully done -- whether you specified a holiday or not, it totally counts in my book! Love the paper you used, and that is a fun layout too. Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at the JUGS challenge blog -- hope you'll be back tomorrow to play again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012