Friday, 20 November 2009

Purple birdies

I was given a link to another challenge blog earlier today, and guess what happened... I decided to celebrate the fact that I like it there with a submission for their recent challenge lol :)
The place is called The Play Date Cafe, and they're having a colour combo this week, of grey, blue, purple and white (PDCC05).
Now, blue and purple can look very stylish together, but I learnt that it's so easy to go overboard with them and end up with a card that looks too busy, and just not right. I think the trick with these two is to make one of them a dominant colour, and use the other one for highlighting/ complimenting the first one. This way they won't be competing :)
Anyway, here's my card:

Photobucket

The image with birds is a digi freebie, but excuse my lazy brain - I forgot where it came from...
I used a magnified part of the branch to create a subtle pattern on the grey cardstock. The birds are paper-pieced, and the sentiment is also computer-generated.
Because of these cute creatures, the card also goes to the Animal Antics challenge at Simon Says blog, as my second entry.
I wanted to keep this card simple and stylish, I hope I succeeded :)
Thank you so much for visiting, happy crafting!
Chupa xx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Chupa! I love reading about your philosophy on using color...glad you could play with us this week at the PDCC--hope we see you again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LoVe hearing each person's perspective on 'how' they use the colors each week.

    I am so glad that you stopped by and we sincerely welcome you to The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a sweet card. Thanks for taking the Play Date Cafe Challenge with us. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the clean lines of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card! Gorgeous the papers, the colours! Beautiful the image!:)

    Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge!:)

    Tímea and DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZA.. girl you did an AMAZING job on this card.. it is sooo beautiful. I LOVE everything about it.. :) so pretty :)thanks for playing with us at The Cafe..HUGS

    ~I hope you can stop by my blog..I have FREE digital images.. I add a new one each Wed. to the group.. I am also holding DT tryouts right now.. Hope you can join us.. I love your style.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome!

    thanks for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge!
    Anna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012