Sunday, 29 November 2009

Still making holiday cards...

I told myself the other day that I should already stop with these bloody holiday cards this year (anyone want some? LOL), but they're so fun to make, and DT teams keep coming up with relevant themes! :)
I'm curious to see how many more I'll create before Christmas... actually yesterday I gave a bunch of them to my sis-in-law and she was pretty pleased, so it's not a bad idea after all to have a few spare ones available for sharing!
So what's this card for?

Photobucket

Firstly it goes to OCC's current Sketch Challenge, Crazy for Challenges Week 13 - Punch Happy, and also CD44 - Real Soft Saffron (as my second submission - these colours together are to die for!)

I made one more card tonight, and this one's for Embellish Leaves, Acorns & Pine Cones Color Challenge, and PPA18 - KISS.

Photobucket

I discovered the new technique today, that uses chalks instead of inks to colour the stamp. To create such lovely effect, you've got to stamp your image with VersaMark, Perfect Medium or other clear embossing ink pad, let it dry for a while to avoid smearing, and with a soft brush or cotton pad gently spread the chalk over it. I find using several shades of one colour more attractive, as it creates some depth.

I hope you like these two, and also the new look (and address!) for my blog :)

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Both cards are absolutely stunning! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both your cards are awesome!!! I love what you did for PPA this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Chupa! I love this color combo too AND I like the new look of your blog. :)
    Thanks for playing the Color Dare again.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bardzo mi się podoba. Delikatna i wysmakowana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are beautiful! I love the stamps that you used!! Great job with the C4C Punch Challenge!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are fantastic! Wonderful job on the Color Dare card... I love that bow!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    We hope you'll come see our Paper Artist Picks Wednesday, December 2.

    AND of course, play in our next challenge Thursday, December 3.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of your cards are so nice but I especially like the leaves. They are just beautiful with that checked ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chupa - both cards are absolutely BEAUTFIUL!!! Your OCC card is just perfect!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  10. The leaves are such a beauty! Thanks for participating in an Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012