Thursday, 5 November 2009

Two colour combos

Hello, hope you're having a lovely day so far :)
Mine has been quite busy - I'm preparing for the craft market this Saturday, where I'm planning to sell some of my cards - talk about not having space any more to house them all lol!
I'll be also launching a craft business soon - I was hoping to join SU!, but since they have recently changed their policy, I'd rather go for something else than be confined to only one brand, however good the stuff is... I'm thus thinking about the Australian company called Kaszazz, they're having some really nice products too :) If that happens, there will be some changes coming to my blog, possibly involving the change of its address, so stay tuned!
...but on to the crux of the matter -I've got two new cards to show you.
The first one:

Photobucket

Have you ever had a set of DP's that you liked so much that the first cut into the paper felt like a murder? Well, I had that with these. They have such nice, vintage look & warm earthy colours, yet they're thoroughly modern in design. I LOVE them!
As befits some decorative papers, they were used to address a colour combination, which is soft sky, always artichoke, kraft & dusty durango, and is hosted by The Color Throwdown.
I'm also having this card as a second entry for OCC's current challenge (Vintage style).
And the sketch? Well, it's my free take on Mercy's Sketch #46. In fact I went so astray with it, that I decided to show Mercy that I DO like her design as it is and make another card lol. It's my second card in this post, please scroll below to see it.
The flowers in the oval panel have been designed and drew by me, they don't look too bad :)

Here's my second project:

Photobucket

As I wrote above, it's the second one to go for Mercy's current sketch, also it's my response to the colour combo of orange, blue and white over at Paper Blooms.
The sentiment is hand written.

Thank you for stopping by today!
Chupa xx

8 comments:

  1. Stunning cards and can relate to the feeling like murder,lol.
    Flowers are gorgeous woohoo to you!!!
    2nd card oh wow....beautiful colour combo and she is so so cute.
    hugs
    Tracy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see why you had a hard time cutting the beautiful paper!! both cards are perfect :0) all the best with you sale this weekend. thanks for joining us on paper blooms

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...these are both gorgeous! you have such a great eye for color combos, and your coloring is absolutely wonderful!

    thanks for playing along with my sketch for this week...you did an amazing job! :)

    {{{hugs}}}
    mercy

    ReplyDelete
  4. both awesome cards as always! my fave is the paperblooms entry...great use of the color challenge and how cute is that precious moments image! thanks for sharing with us again this week at PB :) shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty CTD card. Love the blue flowers! Thanks for playing in the Color Throwdown challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow these cards are beautiful!! I especially love the one with blue flowers. The choices of dp is perfect. The precious moments one is darling also.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how wonderful! Two for the price of one! They are both amazing! Fabulous colours on them both.
    Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both cards are absolutely beautiful! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012