Monday, 7 December 2009

For the love of dimension

Hello, I'm back with a daily portion of crafty goodness :)
I've got two cards for now - which means that there will be more later, so be sure you'll come back later today!

Here's my first project:

Photobucket

This is a submission to the following:
- Floral Finesse challenge at Flourishes Newsletter, which is about using a favourite flower as an inspiration. Now, asking a landscape designer to choose just one favourite is not a good idea LOL, I LOVE them all!! I narrowed down my choice to what my stash has offered, and so I ended up with a beautiful bunch of tulips :) They remind me so much spring back in Poland... *sigh*
- CPS 145 ...before you shout out that the given sketch looks rather different, let me say that I know and I apologize, but I just cannot help myself sometimes! :P

I hope you can see the dimension in this card - the middle panel and the separate blooms being raised? The image was coloured using watercolour pencils and Aquapainter, and I applied some highlights with a white ball pen (I used the same colouring technique on the second card in this post). The sentiment is hand-written. I added some paper piercing and faux stitching for a more dimensional look.

And here's the next card:

Photobucket

This one's for Jen's recent SFYTT.
There's even more dimension going on here, for apart from the circle and the birdie, the main panel is popped up too. I really like the difference that a little mounting tape can make :)

I hope I'll be seeing you later, thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Such pretty cards!! I love the stamping and dimension on the first one! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012