Thursday, 17 December 2009

It's all about birds!

Good afternoon ladies, ready for some new stuff?
I recently discovered that I might need some extra Christmas cards to give to my friends, so I'm still (happily) on the holiday roll :)
I was thinking what colours to use on them, and decided on the combo from The Play Date Cafe Challenge PDCC09 - blue, gold and cream. I must say that I was firstly a bit wary of them put together, but as usually, I found out that they can coordinate quite nicely...

For the first card I used some stenciling ( I really liked it the first time I tried this fun technique, and decided to give it another go). Therefore, the project is also my second entry for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge(FTTC46).
The stenciled design is on the left - I used Fiskars embossing folder, and the bird is one of my favs from Inkadinkado, stamped with Vivid! Yellow ink.

Photobucket

And here's the card with inverted colours - the ink used here is Color Box Blue Iris.

Photobucket

I used the same sketch for both projects - OCC Weekly Sketch Challenge - SASSC45 (I turned it on the side)
The cards also enter PPA21 - Theme Challenge at Paper Pals Arts. The theme is Winter Wonderland, but the girls accept holiday themed projects as well.

I also want to show you the photos that I took the other day, of the corellas feeding on the pine tree in our backyard. Aren't they super cute?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Beautiful birds they are indeed, their beaks can be a real threat though - at least to the poor tree, that looked pretty wasted afterward! On top of this, we're having pretty hot days already - yesterday the thermometre showed 39 degrees Celsius! Oh what fun... *grunts*
So much for the holiday mood here in Australia lol!

That's it from me for now, thanks for visiting!
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. That ribbon on your card is just beautiful...what a great way to incorporate the colors for the challenge...

    Merry Christmas from all of us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! what amazing pictures.. BEAUTIFUL.. and both of you cards are just perfect for this challenge.. Thanks for joining with us at the cafe. HUGS

    ~I have new free Digital Stamps on my blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh those birds, to be in your back yard, what a treat, great card, thanks for joining us at the Play Date Cafe. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful! Lovely birds in your back yard. All we have is snow.
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!!! These are terrific and I just love the colors! I love stenciling, too! Great look with this technique! LOVE the bonus picture of the bird. Amazing! Gorgeous birds! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just lovely! Those birds are beautiful. Thank you for playing with us at The Fresh Batch. I hope you join us again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stenciling! The colors are so cheerful! Plus the "real" birds are just adorable. How wonderful to be able to sneak peeks at them right in your own backyard! Thanks for playing @ PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. More gorgeous cards - wahooo!!! This is another fab stenciling ideas...love it!!!

    My daughter Mimi and I are loving the photo of the cockatoo!!! TFS!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards! I love both of the cards and the blue & yellow one looks particularly spectacular.
    Ah yes, those HOT days - it was 39 deg here in Melbourne 2 days ago - at least we have been getting some rain so we actually have green grass instead of dead grass & the gardens look so 'revived'.
    Love yr pic of the corellas - we get corellas here too & they are as destructive as the white cockatoos - even to our window frames & outside blinds!!' Don't ever feed them like I did :-( At least the rainbow lorikeets that come down to our feeders are gentle & sweet & gorgeous.
    Happy Christmas & I'll be checking into your Blog regularly now that I've "discovered" you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful post - and great stenciling - thanks for playing @PPA!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card and pictures Chupa! I just adore your pictures of the corellas, their beautiful!!

    Thanks for playing along with us over at Stamps and Smiles, hope to see you in 2010!

    Hugs & Smiles, Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012