Saturday, 19 December 2009

Late night crafting and some CAS cards

Ugh, I know it's going to be another long post of mine - I like to gather a few new cards and post them altogether, to save me some time daily, but then when it comes to add description to all of them... it can be a scary thought lol.
So, without further ado, my first card:

Photobucket

The sketch comes from the current challenge at Clean & Simple Stamping. I liked Natasha's sample so much, that I decided to CASE it. I stamped the snowflake and the sentiment from Studio G with the Color Box Ice Jade ink, and popped up the circles on mounting squares. I used my Fiskars punch for the border, and decorated the centres of the snowflakes with Kaisercraft pearls.
I'm also entering this one (together with the next card in the post, with the Cardinal) in the holiday-themed challenges that are still around - PPA21 and Simon Says... Merry Christmas.

Next is the card that I made for Get Sketchy Color Challenge. The requirement is to use one's favourite colour, and I chose teal. It's my most amazing discovery this year. I used to find this colour terrible, but in the course of time I started to like it, and finally I placed it high amongst my favs. Once again I told myself not to say never lol. The card also goes to LSC251 – Silver and Gold Decorations.


Photobucket

My silver accents are stickers, that I bought heaven knows how long ago, and would very rarely use. Sometimes they come handy :) The papers are from DCWV, and I used the tag from Sullivans, that nicely coordinated with the rest. The bird is from Inkadinkado, and I shadow-stamped it with Color Box Ice Blue & Prussian Blue (which is effectively my teal)

Then comes the project for the yummy colour challenge at Just Us Girls (JUGS12 - Raspberry, Green, Kraft & Red), and the Inspiration challenge at SCS: IC211 ~ FabulousStationary. I was inspired by this simple yet striking layout with poppy.

Photobucket

I couldn't go for shadow stamping with a stamp like this, so I stamped it first in black, and then coloured it in with markers, making the colours offset a bit. Then I highlighted the image with a white gel pen. I decorated the card with eyelets, embossed the corner with Fiskars embossing folder, and sponged the edges and the embossed design with Versa Magic Cloud White.

Lastly, there are two tiny cards, that I created after being inspired by another sample from Fabulous Stationery - Shrooms!

Photobucket

These cute mushrooms come from DCWV Green Stack Chipboard kit ( I LOVE this set!!). I Stamped the red cardstock with the little flowers from Sullivans, and decorated the card with some ribbon and dry embossing.

That's all from me for tonight, don't ask me what time it is again lol.
Another busy day awaits me tomorrow (every year I'm making a Polish Christmas Eve for my Australian family, and this means cooking very special things for 12 people...), but I'll certainly find some time to make a card or two.
See you tomorrow then, have a great evening!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Stunning creations -- every single one! You sure were busy! Beautiful job! Thanks for taking the time to play along with us at the JUGS challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty cards.
    Thanks for playing with us at GETSKETCHY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so beautiful, Chupa! You've certainly been busy! Thanks so much for playing our JUGs challenge again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty cards! You have been so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chupa, You have been one busy little stamper! All of your cards are lovely! I like the embossed detail on the card using the Just Us Girls color combo - That bloom is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards each and every one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So much eye candy! I like your CAS card with the green snowflakes. I totally need to be creative when stamping snowflake images and realize they don't have to be blue or white, thanks for inspiring me! Beautiful silver and blue card you did!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards, Chupa! Definitely a treat to look at! Thanks for playing @ PPA!.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love what you did for GS!
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012