Wednesday, 16 December 2009

Luv me some chalk!

Grrr! My mojo was very low most of the day today... I've been struggling to create something that makes sense, and - what is quite unusual to me - I was starting projects that never were finished. Suddenly, late in the evening mojo decided to come back to me, but I'd so like to have back the time I lost fiddling around... ;)

I'm quite happy with my two evening creations though - they were super fun to make, perhaps because I was using one of my favourite techniques - Chalkboard Technique. It's the theme of the JUGS11 challenge, and I used it on both cards.

Here's the first one - the sketch that it follows comes from Peachy Keen Stamps (Challenge 18):

Photobucket

I also used the colours from CC249 - So Saffron, Mellow Moss, Melon Mambo, and Neutrals of Choice.
I used a printed out digi DP, and the stamps are Inkadinkado (damask) and Sullivans (sentiment). The damask was stamped with white Versa Mark ink, and sponged with a dark yellow chalk from the Pebbles Inc. Basic Brights palette.
The finishing touches are the ribbon and Kaisercraft rhinestones.


Next card follows the WSC110 sketch:

Photobucket

I decided to apply several different colours of chalk this time, to make the flowers resemble those of Mallow, one of my most loved plants :)
The sentiment was stamped normally, for I didn't want such small letters look fuzzy.
Both stamps are from Sullivans.

Thank you for visiting tonight, I'll see you again soon!

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. oooh, pretty cards! I love both of them!! Good choice of colors!
    Thanks for joining us @ Peachy Keen!
    xxx
    Emma:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the elegance of both of your cards! just beautiful! thanks so much for playing along with us at PKS! good luck!

    nikki

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are very pretty! I love the colors of the damask card! It is very striking! Thanks for joining us at PKS!! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chupa both of these are BEAUTIFUL! Love them - thanks so much for playing along wiht Just Us Girls again. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both lovely but the first one is my favorite. The colors are so vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obie są bardzo eleganckie, wytworne a żółto-fioletowa po prostu przepiękna. Ma w sobie nutę nostalgii. Przepiękna!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Chupa! You always have such beautiful work! I LOVE both of your cards!! The gorgeous damask design is so elegant and the multi colors you used on the second card turned out BEAUTIFULLY! Both color palettes are stunning!! Great work, my dear ♥

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week! Hope to see you again on Saturday! We have a stunning color challenge lined up and hosted by Tracey ;]

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are both so beautiful! I love the damask stamp (I even think I have that one!) and the beautiful flowers! Thanks for playing our JUGs challenge again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so elegant and lovely! Thank you so much for joining us at Peachy Keen and for sharing your cards with us! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, and I'm so happy you could join the Peachy Keen Challenge!

    Hugs to you,
    Lorie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012