Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Playing with papers

Hello, hope you're having a wonderful day! Mine has been great so far, for I was doing what? Card making of course!
Geez, do I feel addicted... :)
Anyway, there are obviously some results of my crafty morning, and let me show you what they are:

Photobucket

The sketch for the card above comes from 2S4Y (Laura's Sketch 40), and the colours are from Color Throwdown #71 (olive, red, brown/cream, pink). I turned a big safety pin into a charm, and so the card also enters Quixotic Challenge #5: Be Charming, and Simon Says...So Charming.

The next card is my second approach to the Color Throwdown colours from the current challenge. I like them a lot together, and I wanted to use them in a more "low-key" project. Whether it turned out calmer or not, I'm not so sure any more, but at least I like the result :)

Photobucket

The photo isn't overly accurate, for the cream colour turned out almost white, or even pink-ish in places. Grrr!
Also, I wanted to have another go for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC44),which is about CAS cards, and that's the card I made with this in mind. I LOVE CAS style!
I wasn't sure whether any sentiment from my stash suits this layout and colours, so I decided to write one. That's why the letters are far from perfection... I know I used too thick marker to start with :P

My last project uses the lovely Sketch #29 from Papertake Weekly Challenge, and colours from CD45 - Very Krafty Durango. I'm absolutely in love with every single colour combo from these talented girls, they're all just my taste!

Photobucket

As Riley did with her gorgeous sample, I also used additional colour - brown, for matting & accents. I think though that I made this colour all too abundant for the role of "a little helper"... the more reason to think of another entry! LOL
The images were stamped with clear embossing ink (Perfect Medium), and when half-dried, brushed over with several colours of chalks. These gave a nice, uneven look, and a smooth, satin finish. I really like this technique! I waited until the stamped and coloured image of grasses dries completely before I stamped the flower over it. The ink still took away the chalk from the overlapping parts, but it was a good thing for I wanted to apply another colour to the flower anyway.
The sentiment was stamped in a "classic" way, with brown ink, for I wanted clear lines for it.

That's it for now, but I might be back later tonight...

Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS cards Chupa! I love coming here to see what you do with the Color Dare colors each week and you totally ROCK them! I love the variety of papers you used on your Color Dare card and the brown accent is perfect. Thanks for playing along!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards! Thanks for playing again at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work!! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fabulous job on all 3 cards! I love the safety pin idea on the first, and the 2nd one just makes me calm as soon as I look at it! All those graceful swirls and rounded corners are perfect! The third is a beautiful choice of DP and colors. Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you were busy today! So fun, all of them!! Different styles but that's what makes it so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh - Chupa - I really like your second CAS card!!! You do them so beautifully!!! All the other cards are also beautiful!!! ~TFS~ Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful cards sweetie, wonderful papers and embellies, thanks so much for joining us over at Quixotic Challenges this week :)

    xx

    Martine

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice variety of cards. Fun calm and exceptional! Love them all with the nice papers, embelishments and layouts!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful designs! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome cards! I adore the FUN card! thanks so much for playing with us at PTW! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your cards are awesome! Your Color Dare card is beautiful! I love it!! Thanks for playing :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Chupa, you've been winning a lot lately, I've been watching, your talent is very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful cards, Chupa!

    Thank you for joining us this week at Quixotic Challenges!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012