Wednesday, 9 December 2009

Very "birdy" and welcoming SCS

Woohoo, I just had very nice two hours!
I didn't have time yesterday, but I did my best to reserve some for cardmaking today, and so I've got a handful of projects to show you - and I'm so happy with all of them! :D
It's going to be another long post, so excuse me for keeping the text part as short as possible - I wouldn't want to call this a day yet!

First card that I'm going to show you I actually made a few days ago, and it's my GD submission for Tuesday Morning Sketches #23. I LOVE this sketch!

Photobucket

This lovely Cardinal digi comes from The Rusty Pickle, this week's sponsor. I coloured the image with watercolour pencils, blended and highlighted with a white ball pen.

Next is the gift card holder, that I whipped up for my hubby for Christmas.
This is my submission for Crazy4Challenges Week 14 - Gift Card Holders, FTTC45 with a gatefold card theme, and also for the first time I'm entering a SCS challenge - CAS44 - Red & Brown.

Photobucket

This may look more complicated than CAS, but it's not really. It took me about 20 minutes to finish it. This lovely bird is from Inkadinkado.

Here's how it looks like inside:

Photobucket

The sentiment is a rub-on, and I punched a few strips of the white cardstock with Fiskars border punch, to decorate outside and inside of the holder. I alternated the punched design on the inside, for a more interesting look. Generally an easy peasy job.
Now, it's not a MYER gift card that my hubby is going to receive (hmm... we're not particularly keen on that store...), I'm yet to get one from Collins Booksellers (he's an avid reader), but I used this one as a sample.
The gift card is adhered to the brown cardstock base with a repositioning tape, so that it can be taken out with no fuss.

Another project is a card made for Kazan's Sketch 41, and CC248 - Artichokes, Bananas and Razzleberries!

Photobucket

The papers and elements are freebie digis from various places (apart from the ribbon, brads and string, of course lol)

Finally, here's the card made for Ashley's bonus sketch, also from 2S4Y:

Photobucket

The stamp is again Inkadinkado.
Whew, I feel tired now! :) Hopefully I'll see you again later today... Thank you so much for visiting!
Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Bardzo wytworne po prostu cudne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards! Love them all! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lovely stuff all around! I especially love the last one! I'm so into white on white right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the cards are fantastic but the first one with the green and burgandy and bird is just WOW!! The colors depth dps and the coloring are just outstanding!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute sentiment with the words on separate cardstock strips!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW - GF - you've been busy - LOL!!! Love all your cards!!! The *gate fold* for the FTTC is perfect!!! Thank you for playing along with us!!! Hugs~S~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lady you have really got TALENT. Keep entering your work in all the challenges that you can, Commenting on blogs and become active in SCS. I think you will go far

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous suite of beautiful cards, Iwona! Lovely designs and detailing! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh wow all your cards are beautiful :)
    Thanks for joining us :)
    Hugs
    K

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012