Thursday, 17 December 2009

Viva La Verve!... without Verve stamps...

Ok, so I don't have any Verve stamps, which is more than sad... Yet I decided that I participate in December Verve challenges at SCS. The sketches are yummy, and I was feeling sketchy tonight, so I quickly whipped up cards for all December challenges :)
Again it's late, so I'm going to be brief.

Here's the card for Viva la VERVE! December Week 1:

Photobucket

The Kiki image was watercoloured. I love the ultimate girly look of this card! :)

This one's for Viva la Verve! December Week 2:

Photobucket


I chose a non-standard approach to the sketch - I built up the main panel, and reduced the role of the side panels. I used the stenciling technique to decorate the cardstock (apart from the sentiment, that was stamped normally). The same Fiskars stencil was then used to trace the paper-pieced shapes.
Stenciling is the theme of Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge (FTTC46), thus I'm submitting my card there. I also used (again) the colours from CD47 - Really Green Chocolate. I seem to make two submissions for each Color Dare challenge lately lol! I can't resist though, go and check their colour combos, if you haven't done it yet, and you'll know what I mean! :)

Finally, here's the entry for Viva la VERVE! December Week 3:

Photobucket

I used my favourite brand's stamp again - Inkadinkado. The sentiment though is a digi freebie. I printed it out first, cut the paper to the desired size, and then stamped the angel.

Thank you for stopping by tonight, I'll certainly see you tomorrow!

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Love your Kiki card!!! You colored her so perfect & I love the color combo, the black matting makes it look so striking!
    Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  2. C U D E Ń K A ! Tęsknię - może jutro na chwilkę?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops! Learning to spell obviously. Sorry about the deleted post. Here is another try. Iwona, your cards are fabulous! Totally rocking the Verve sketches! Great details and colors! Love the last one and how you incorporated it with the FTTC stenciling challenge this week! Thanks so much for playing! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards!!! The stenciling on your FTTC card looks fab...I really love this idea!!!

    Thank you for making time to play along with us!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all great!! I love the bow on the Color Dare card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards once again! You've been productive this week! Love the paper piercing on the CD card. Thanks for playing twice at the Color Dare this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012