Monday, 18 January 2010

Artsy fartsy... and why I'm in love with Tim Holtz stamps

This is going to be a humongous post people, so feel free to grab yourself a cuppa and sit back! :)
I had an extremely pleasant morning, that I spent - where else? - in my stamping room.
I had the freedom to stamp my heart out, and doing so I discovered yet another side of me - I can do artsy stuff after all!
After hours spent admiring the work of some of the finest ATC makers, I found out that firstly - there's no need to be afraid to reach for new means of expression, and secondly - all I need is a good set of stamps :)
And these came in the mail yesterday. Long awaited set from Tim Holtz Visual Artistry collection, that I had the pleasure to work with briefly before, and fell in love with instantly. Today's cards are all pretty much about trying to squeeze the very last drop of goodness out of these gems.
And here they are:

The two consequent cards below are my takes on CAS50 - It's the Real Deal! Let's use the rich color of Teal! I squeaked with joy when I saw the title. Teal is probably my most incredible discovery yet. Before I started card making, this was my most avoided colour. I just couldn't stand it! Now I can't live without it, especially when it comes with rich browns... *mmmmmm*
It's all pretty weird, for I've been known to be faithful to my favorite colours all my life.


Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV, Lincraft, Grant; papers: digital printables; stamp: Tim Holtz; ink: Versa Color Celadon; ribbon: craft supply

This card is the only one that doesn't use Tim Holtz stamps. I created the "starry" panel by embossing the cardstock, and swiping the embossed parts gently with ink:

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV, Lincraft; stamp: Paper Xtra; ribbon: Wrights; Fiskars border punch; button & twine: craft supply, ink: Versa Color Celadon, Color Box Brick; Cuttlebug machine with Stars embossing folder

Next is the card that's not my usual style, but I adore how it turned out! The shabby look really helped to emphasize the brick wall technique that I used. Perhaps only the supposed "bricks" resemble more a shattered crockery here, or an old, weathered marble tile floor :)
I made it for
TLC256 ~Brick Wall. I've got a feeling this is going to be one of my favourite techniques!

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Lincraft; paper: Grant; stamp: Tim Holtz; ink: Versa Color Black; twine: craft supply

I also used Sarah's bonus sketch at 2S4Y (rotated and... altered):

Photobucket


Another project, this time for Kazan's sketch 44 &
WT253 - Where's the Birdie (yeah I know... my third entry... :P) I stamped the birdie twice, and placed the cut-out part slightly off center above the other one, to create an effect of movement.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Lincraft; paper: digital printables; stamp: Tim Holtz; ink: Versa Color Black; ribbon: craft supply

Finally, I've got a card for Embellish Stripes Color Challenge & IC215 ~ Nell Hill's. HERE you can find my inspiration - a lovely card holder. Can I have one please?? :)
Also, I don't see why this couldn't be my next card for WT253 - Where's the Birdie. LOL

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Grant, DCWV; sentiment stamp: Tim Holtz (little hearts & flourish are mine - you can tell from how crooked it all is lol); brown& white gel pen; ribbon: craft supply

I hope you enjoyed cards today! Have a wonderful evening :)

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of great cards! You've got your scrap on! Thanks for joining us again at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you were busy! Fantastic stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work! Each and every one of them - love what you did with the stars and ink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much eye candy! Thanks for playing along with us! ~Shanna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your designs are so great! Love your use of the 2S4Y layout and the Embellish color combo card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW WOW WOW! What an incredible stamping session you had!! Everything is so different from each other and unique! I am totally in love with your Embellish card. That tree is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are wonderful!
    Hanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always love a visit to your blog. Lots of great ideas and designs to check out! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards!! so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable cards!! Love the sentiment on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card too!!! Super cute! Thanks again for entering the Embellish Color Challenge with Stripes!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012