Friday, 8 January 2010

Can you tell I love bows?

I'm a hopeless ribbon collector. I just cannot resist getting some more on any occasion, and I always find that I'm not having enough variety. Do you agree that there's nothing like a luscious ribbon to add pizazz to a project?
I got this great satin ribbon a few days ago, and I found it very useful right away, as it fits perfectly the two colour challenges for this week. The first challenge has been covered already, and the second one is a Moxie Fab Color Play Challenge, for which I made this card:

Photobucket

and here are the given colours:

Photobucket

The card is also a free take on Kazan's sketch 43:

Photobucket

Recipe: Cardstock: DCWV, Ribbon: Sullivans, Stamps: Sullivans, Pearls: Kaisercraft, Ink: ColorBox.

I made one more card this morning, for the first colour combo at Color Throwdown this year (gawd I missed them!!), but I must admit that it's not my best effort...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Recipe: Cardstock, paper: DCWV, Stamp: The Angel Company, Ink: Versa Magic. The sentiment is hand written with a gel pen (Uni-Ball)

I thought that these colours would suit perfectly the two challenges of the same theme: Quixotic Challenge #8: Hot Chocolate, and Simon Says Hot Chocolate. They still do, but again, I could have done it better :)

Thanks for looking, see you again later today!
Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. Cute cards! The cocoa one is perfect for this winter weather! Thanks for playing again this week at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are fabulous! Love the rounded corners on the first one, and those cute stamps on the second!! Great job with the challenges!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love that big bow! You do such beautiful work. I look forward to our first post together at Card Patterns tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! Love the colors you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  5. always a pleasure to stop by - super card as always
    Hugs
    K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great stamping! Thanks for joining the fun at 2S4Y!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That big bow is just to die for!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are gorgeous!!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Quixotic Challenges this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards and fun big bow. Way to rock the Moxie Fab color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your bow feather combo is so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Chupa! Thanks for entering the Jan/Feb 2010 Color Play Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012