Wednesday, 27 January 2010

A fine selection

Hopefully that's what I've got for you today :) It's also going to be another humongous post of mine, so I hope you'll take time to have a look at all my new projects!

First of all, let me apologize for my unbelievable negligence! I totally forgot to post my DT card for this week's sketch at Card Patterns - I can't believe it happened!!
I'm now making it up for the oversight:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: digital printable; stamp: SU! Baroque Motifs; ink: Versa Color Olive, Grant Olive; chipboard letter: Bella (I think so); assorted fabric, lace doily, resin flower, buttons, and twine come from my stash

(I took another photo of the same card that's on the CP blog, just wanted it to match the rest of the photos lol :P)
This is a very shabby card, I admit, but it turned exactly how I wanted. I had this idea in my mind to use some leftover scraps of fabric, that I've been hoarding. They're all quite small, so I arranged them in a patchwork. Each piece was crumpled a little before gluing it to the card base. I also used some decorative stripes of fabric on the side, and a lace doily.
I'm a classic example of a card maker on a budget, but this card was my biggest recycling attempt yet - almost every piece in it came from my scrap box. Thus I'm entering it into Inspire Me Challenge #5 - one man's trash is another man's treasure.

I hope you'll find some time to play along, there's still plenty of time! Click the sketch above to hop over to Card Patterns and link your card. Here's the wonderful prize you're all playing for this week, donated by our very own Michelle!

Yummy, eh?

Right-o, here's my next DT sample for this week, and this time it's for the wonderful Color Dare colour combo - CD53 - Not Quite Certainly Blue Suede (well done with the name Riley! Haha!)
Again, click on the link above to play along!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: Grant; stamp: SU! Best Blossoms, Hero Arts (sentiment); ink: Perfect Medium (+ decorative chalks - Pebbles), Grant Blue, Versa Color Bark, Umber; Fiskars border punch; ribbon: Sullivans; tag: Bella! (resized); rhinestones: Kaisercraft; sewing machine; button, twine & lace - my stash

And now, on to today's new cards:

Here's what I did with Laura's Sketch 44 and colourQ challenge #17:

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: digital printables, DCWV; stamp: SU! Definitely Decorative Regal Rose; ink: ColorBox Ice Blue, Versa Color Celadon; Fiskars border punch; Birch Craft scallop scissors; rhinestones & pearls: Kaisercraft; rub-on: Wendy Irving; ribbon: my stash

Here's my entry for GS #22 & CC255: Pretty Mambo Blossoms (I added fourth color - brown - as a neutral):

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Quill; paper: DCWV; stamp: SU! Definitely Decorative Regal Rose, Best Blossoms; ink: Versa Color Bark, Grant; Fiskars border punch; pearls: Kaisercraft; ribbon: Sullivans

Below is my take on CPS 151, and (yet again - I dig these colours together!) Embellish Stripes Color Challenge:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: paper: digital printable, Grant; stamp: SU! All The Best, Hero Arts (sentiment); ink: Versa Color Bark, Grant; Fiskars border punch; buttons and twine: my stash

Lastly, I've got a quick and easy card for CAS51 - Using Designer Paper, and IC216 ~ Echo. This time my inspiration was a lovely towel, and you can find it HERE.

Photobucket

Supplies: paper: digital printable; stamp: SU! Trendy Trees; ink: Versa Color Bark, Green

So, quite a bit of new stuff, huh? :) Hope you found what you came for, and of course, that you liked them! Thank you so much for stopping by and...
Photobucket

20 comments:

  1. WOW!You must have sucked your creative juices dry! Amazing work! I really, really like your shabby card... great recycling!And of coarse your Color Dare card is over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW gorgeous cards Chupa, every single one is amazing and beautiful. You've been busy! Great job with all the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOLY COW GIRL!!!! So many amazing cards!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been a busy girl and I'm glad. We get to see all these beautiful cards. Great job! They are all amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of your cards look great... as usual!!! Love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My goodness, you create so many beautiful cards! Thanks for playing at GS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, fabulous cards! Thanks for taking the time to play another week! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all so fabulous! The "Hello" card may be my favorite...and it's purple! *Gasp* That's says A LOT. Great designs, thanks for "Inspiring Me"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, what a long post! You've been busy. I came here because I saw your lovely Color Dare card which I love. Great layout and simplicity. On this post I also love your other simple leaf card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work! One of my favorite color combos :)
    Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I will be a follower, all the cards are great, your take on GS wow gorgeous work, you are a big inspiration, with a lot of different styles!
    Thanks for taking time to make the GS card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, love your work!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness....utter eye candy to pour over! Love each and every card here! Great job with all the sketches and challenges!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...you have been busy :)
    Love them all!
    Shaz x

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all great. You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW - look at all these super FAB cards! I love the colourQ card - you did an awesome job, thanks so much for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow!! all your cards are absolutely fantabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Chupa, your cards are wonderful! Thanks again for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012