Thursday, 21 January 2010

In love with beautiful papers

I am. Find me a card maker who's not... Well ok, there are some ladies who can do miracles with coloured cardstock only (and some of their work is amazing!), but I'm a DP kind of gal, and I just can't part with beautifully designed papers on my cards...
Here's how I incorporated some of them in my last projects:

I made another DT submission for Color Dare (CD52 - Only Brocade Olive Chocolate), and let me tell you - these colours looked like quite an awkward combination to me... I had four sheets of cardstock spread on the table before me, and it took me a while to decide what I'm going to do with them. I finally settled down for a classic "SU look" - clean lines and bold designs. Mind you, it's not entirely a clean look that I've achieved, for the watercoloured ornament turned kind of blurry. I think it was too intricate design to colour in with this medium.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: papers: Grant, digital printable; stamp: Grant (?); watercolour pencils & blender pen; ink: Versa Color Bark; ribbon: Sullivans; Fiskars border punch; sentiment sticker: Heidi Grace.

I also made two cards for this week's Tuesday Trigger. Yes, two - and you know why? Just look at this inspiration photo, and tell me you don't feel inspired! I just couldn't resist :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV; paper: Grant (including the butterfly cut-outs); alphabet stickers: Cloud9; brown marker, twine

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: Lincraft; paper: Grant; blue marker; flower: digital image; ribbon, button, twine, etc: craft supply;

Hope you liked them, and most of all, hope you'll hop over to Color Dare and play along! I can't wait to see what you'll do with this weeks colours!!
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Iwonko przepiękne!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful approaches to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World, Chupa! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely cards, i like them all.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012