Saturday, 9 January 2010

Keeping it simple

Hello folks, hope your day has been fine so far! Mine's been very sluggish... I had these ambitious plans to spend a few happy hours in my craft room, since it's weekend, but I was fortunate enough to whip up two quick cards. Although I'm still having a strong need to use up my built up mojo, so even if it's already nearly midnight, I'm not calling it a day just yet :P
On to the new cards though.
Yesterday I made a card for the current Color Throwdown, but I was less than pleased with it. Perhaps you already noticed, that in these situations I tend to "correct" myself by creating another card. And that's what I did this time too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Simple, yes? I was actually finding it hard to combine these three colours - no problem matching brown with either pink or durango, but the latter two just don't quite like each other, do they? I decided to limit pink to the "background" ribbon and a button, that after all not exactly regal rosey lol.
Recipe: Paper: digital printable, Stamp: Inkadinkado, Ink: Versa Color

I made another card primarily for the challenge in the Cards blog, which is to used this drop-dead gorgeous card by Maile Belles as an inspiration:

Photobucket

I came up with this:

Photobucket

Recipe: Paper: digital printable,Stamps: Grant, Ink: Perfect Medium

I wasn't working with kraft too much in the past, but recently I just cannot keep my hands out of it. It's a prefect colour for subtle in-tone stamping. For my card I used clear embossing ink to stamp the images, and left it to dry without heat setting.
The card also fits in several other challenges: New Beginnings at Papertake Weekly, All New by Cute Card Thursday, and Feel The Love at Flourishes Newsletter.

Thank you for stopping by!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Great cards, I LOVE the second one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I just love kraft! I think it's so versatile and looks great with many other colors! Lovely cards Chupa!!
    smiles,Deena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my... these cards are just too darling! LOVE them all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and fabulous! Wonderful designs! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Chupa! Love your cards...especially the CTD submission. Simple, yet elegant. Just gorgeous!

    Thanks so much for playing along with the Color Throwdown this week. Hope to see you again on Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012