Sunday, 17 January 2010

Playing with styles

Well, I've got three new cards for you tonight, and each is quite different. I find that I can't really name my style, if I have any... I like all sorts of them - I can ooh and aah over both heavy embellished and detailed vintage projects, as well as the simplest CAS designs. I also like to try out everything - mind you, sometimes with miserable effects ;)
Perhaps with time I'll settle for a particular style, but for now I enjoy the process of learning different techniques.
Let me show you what were my choices for tonight's craft time :)

First there's this week's DT sample for a wonderful Card Patterns' Sketch 47:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: craft supply; paper: digital printable; ink: Versa Color Umber, Bark; black & red felt tip pen; black watercolour pencil & blender pen, ribbon: Li'l Davis Designs, craft supply; Fiskars border punch

I'm also entering this one for Moxie Fab World's Start to Finish Challenge. Here's how I decorated the inside:

Photobucket

The kettle & mugs images, as well as the sentiments, are my design. I admit that they look a bit... shabby *cough* - I drew them quickly on a piece of patterned paper to suit the challenge, but soon I'll re-design, digitize them & add a few bits & pieces, to make my first set of digital stamps. I'm planning to use them, along with some other sets, as the prizes for the challenges that I'll be holding here... hopefully soon :)

I hope you'll have time to hop over to Card Patterns and be inspired by outstanding creations of my fellow DT girls to play along! You wouldn't want to miss the fun!!

Next I've got a clean & simple card for OCC's Colour Challenge - green & blue (LOVE this combo!!) & FTL74:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock: DCWV, craft supply; stamps: Paper Xtra; ink: ColorBox Ice Blue, Prussian Blue, Versa Color Olive; ribbon: craft supply; pearls: Kaisercraft

This is as simple as it gets, so I don't think it needs any description...

Finally, here's my submission for JUGS16 - color challenge & Quixotic Challenge #9 (sketch):

Photobucket Photobucket

Photobucket

Supplies: cardstock & paper: Grant; floral cutouts: digital printables; sentiment: Paper Xtra; ink: Versa Color Sky Gray, Umber, Sand Beige; watercolour pencils & blender pen; pearls: Rasberry; Ice Stickles; ribbon: Sullivans; doily lace: craft supply

Hope you like them? :) Thank you for visiting!
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. wow....you were busy! Lovely eye candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! These are all lovely! I agree with you about style...I can't define mine either. I just go with the flow most time! How fun to be creating your own digi stamps! These are a wonderful start! And I love your JUGs challenge card! The soft, vintage feel is a great style for these colors! Thanks so much for playing our JUGs challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards! I love the variety of styles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a beautiful cards Chupa! You have been one busy girl! I like the peaceful look you achieved with the Just Us Girls color combo. The lace doily gives it such a fancy flare! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls color challenge - I hope you come back next Saturday for an all new challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Freestyle kinda encompasses it all :)...seriously though, I love the classic elegance of these cards. Less is definitely more Iwona! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...these are all fabulous! I really love those cute tea cards though...probably my faves! Great job with all the sketches and challenges!

    ♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  7. You sure were busy creating today. I like the cups on the inside of your teapot card. The silhouette images on your FTL card are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one talented lady - and busy too. I am amazed at the number of beauties you can create. And now add digital designer to your talents. How wonderful to have you as part of the OCC DT. I love the green and blue card you made - that gingham ribbon is so perfect on it! Thanks for joining in on this week's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all gorgeous!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Quixotic Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've been Busy!! I just love your JUGS card....so elegant! And that little 'hope you perk up soon' is just too cute! :>

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chupa, this is beautiful!! Love the vintage look you achieved and that script pattern is FANTASTIC!!!! LOVE it ♥

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brandy J. here for Cath! I just wanted to pop in and thank you for participating in the Card Creations: Start to Finish challenge. Check the Moxie Fab World blog tomorrow for the winners!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Random Acts Of Creativity | Template By Rockaboo Designs | 2012